Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Great Chicken Wars (Part IX)

 

Recap - Phoebe found an absurd video of a rubber chicken "singing" the theme song from Indiana Jones. I flung little chickens at Phoebe. Phoebe filled every inch of the office with chickens. I replaced Phoebe photographs with ones of Nicolas Cage. I put her stapler in Jello. I tried to scare her with a plastic spider, but that backfired badly. We filled Dan's office with teeth, and Dan scared Phoebe with a rubber snake. And here we are.

As I mentioned before, I have to leave my office several times a day to monitor students in the morning, and again at lunch. I break a teacher so they can have lunch every day. I'm pulled to sub in classrooms often because there are never enough subs to cover teachers who are out. And every time I return to the office, I walk slowly and carefully over to my desk, paranoid that something will jump out at me.

One day in February, at some point in the morning, I noticed that my desk had been moved forward. "Oh wow, the custodians actually vacuumed in here!" I exclaimed, noting the little marks on the carpet where my desk used to sit. "It's about time," I continued.

A little later in the day, upon returning to the office, I noted once again, that my desk had been pushed forward for the custodians to vacuum. And it crossed my mind that it was weird to think of the custodians, who never even vacuum at all, actually moving my big heavy desk so they could vacuum under it. I joked to Phoebe, "Or maybe the custodians didn't vacuum at all and you moved my desk. Am I going to find my desk in the bathroom later today?"

She looked up at me, blank expression, like she didn't know what I was talking about.

In the afternoon, I returned to my office after 5th period, and my desk had been very noticeably moved. "Phoebe! You ARE moving it! Oh my gosh, I was joking before! You snot!"

I had to leave the office one more time, and when I returned, my desk was halfway across the room. 😑

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative