Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Great Chicken Wars (Part III)


Previously on The Great Chicken Wars - Phoebe found a video of a rubber chicken squawking the Indiana Jones theme song and it cracked her up. I may or may not have started the practice of randomly flinging little chickens across the office.

Because I like to crochet various things in order to procrastinate and avoid actual productive activities like cleaning, paying bills, and feeding my daughter I'm a nice person who likes to do kind things for others, I crocheted a chicken hat for my coworker. I'm not sure why since we live in Florida where on any given day, it's roughly the same temperature as the surface of the sun, and no one in their right mind would wear a crocheted hat. And honestly, no one, even if it were 20 below 0, would wear this particular hat in public. But I made it anyway because of the aforementioned procrastination tendencies. 

By now it's December so I bring in Christmas decorations to make our office look festive. And what does Phoebe do to my lovingly arranged, festive adornments? She puts ornament "earrings" on the chicken hat, she puts the chicken hat in place of the star on the tree, she fills all the stockings, hung by the chimney with care, with rubber chickens . . .



And she leaves a trail of Hershey kiss "chicken poop" on the table.


And while Rachel was out of the office for a few weeks, Phoebe bought every last rubber chicken at the dollar store and hung them from the ceiling in Rachel's office. We're talking 30-some brightly colored rubber chickens hanging from her ceiling. Unfortunately, the fire inspector came and apparently it's a hazard to have string and plastic chickens dangling from the fluorescent lights. Who knew? So Phoebe rearranged them, placing them on every conceivable surface in Rachel's office.




When Rachel returned to the office, she walked in, saw the dozens of chickens, looked at me and Phoebe, and muttered, "I can't with you two. I just can't."

Excuse me? "You two??" I had nothing to do with this chicken extravaganza! Meanwhile, Phoebe just sits there snickering to herself, letting me take the fall for Rachel's office redecorating.


But it doesn't end there. Oh no. There's more.

(Another important thing to know for future episodes, both Phoebe and I are HUGE fans of Friends and The Office.)

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative