Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Sound Out

From Chicago, where the weather changes fourteen times in one day, it's Sunday Sound Out with Dawn Meehan! Tonight: answers to your questions and musical guests Audio Adrenaline! And now, the Queen of Procrastination, Dawn Meehan!

That shirt is awesome that your parents gave you. Do you know where they got it from?
OK, my mom got the shirt from this place - http://www.fbcdesigns.com/. I know it doesn't look like she sells shirt, but my mom swears this is where she got it.



what is that box next to you on the floor. It look like a rubics cube.
It's a box that looks like a Rubik's Cube.



LOVE this song,Dawn! Do you remember dancing to this song while pregnant with Austin at my wedding?
Of course I remember! I looked like Shamu, all pregnant and huge, in a black and white dress at your wedding! LOL! (This is a picture from my friend, Jen's wedding.)



I hope you are kidding about Brooklyn pooping out the Indiana Jones figure?!
Nah, I wouldn't kid about that. Now if I said she pooped out a lightsaber, you can be like 80% sure I'm kidding.

Uhhh stupid question but what's Ex Libris?
You know those stickers you had as a kid that said, "This book belongs to...."? It's just a sticker I would autograph for you to put inside your book. You know, the book that you've all gone and ordered so I can put my 6 kids through college. That book. What? You haven't ordered it yet? What are waiting for??? Go HERE, HERE, or HERE and get your copy now! All the cool kids are doing it!

Did you find out why Indy was in Brooklyn's mouth to begin with?
Because she couldn't find the marble-sized crystal skull.

Wait - didn't Brooklyn just turn 3? Are you telling me that magic fairies don't come in the night to sprinkle no-more-choking dust on sleeping children on their 3rd birthdays?!
Uhhh, yeah, sure. That's exactly what happens. (I didn't want to spoil this reader's fantasy.)

Are you going to send the figurine to Harrison Ford? Let him know what fans the Meehan children are?
Hmmm, do you think that would result in a restraining order?

Has anyone contacted you to submit a story and/or be a permanent writer for ABC's new show "In the Motherhood"?
Nope. I think it would pretty fun to work on my own sitcom! I'd love to see some family-friendly sitcoms out there. What ever happened to stuff like The Cosby Show and Full House and all those shows we used to watch? There's not a whole lot of kid-friendly programming out there today.

The novelty of childrearing sort of wears off after 13 years, doesn't it? That's what I find, anyway.
LOL!!! You crack me up, Suburban Correspondent!

Have you ever posted your birth stories? I'd love to hear them.
Nope. Thanks to pregnancy amnesia, it was hard enough remembering them for my second book which is about pregnancy!

Here's a question for Sunday: at what age did your kids stop napping?
I think all but Savannah gave up naps the day they turned 2. I cried each time. Seriously, naps are so wasted on the young.

And to everyone who got my Pretty Woman reference in my "I'm Running Away" post, you're my best friends forever.

And to all my high school friends who met me Friday for a fun night out reminiscing and having a great time, THANK YOU!!!






(I was drinking Coke, of course.)

And let's hear it for our musical guests, Audio Adrenaline! (They won't let me embed it, grrr. But it's a good song, so click here!)

16 comments:

nutralady2001 said...

Dawn this has absolutely nothing to do with
SSO .................YOUR BOOK HAS ARRIVED!!! Shipped to me here in Australia, God bless Amazon ! I subscribe to your blog so get lazy about coming in here and I told you on Twitter it was here but am telling you again, and I have to go out and can't start reading it til later......total torture...I'll be back mwahahaha!!! xxxxxx

Raechel said...

Hmm, to the reader who asked about magic dust and choking... probably shouldn't inform him/her that when I was 4.5 I choked on a coin and about once a year I manage to lodge some nefarious food object in my throat still. The fear will never end. EVER!

grandmamargie said...

Hey, Dawn, I read your article in Guideposts. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

"I was drinking a Coke, of course." - My question is Coke and what??

Lori

Anonymous said...

You have such a gorgeous smile! How long did you wera braces as a kid?

Sara said...

I clicked on the first link to buy your book and it took me to amazon. It says only 5 left in stock so hurry to order. Wtg Dawn..I think that means you sold alot already :)

Kelli W said...

Did they really stop napping at 2!?! I would have cried too! I still make my almost 5 year old at least try to take a nap..he probably sleeps 3 out of 5 days during the week! I love naptime! I really the AA song too...they are one of my favorite groups!

Dawn said...

I cried, too, when my oldest stopped taking naps around 18 months or so. 2 months shy of her little sister's birth! Noooooooo!!!

dawn in michigan

Tammy said...

Thankfully, my kids haven't outgrown naps, yet. I homeschool, so they both go down at the same time. She's 3 - plays for awhile and sleeps about 2 hours. He goes to sleep right away and sleeps for 1 1/2 hrs. I think I'd go crazy if it weren't for naptime!

Anonymous said...

Hey why not just rent all the Indy films, let your kids watch them and then hopefully it will get it out of their systems! LOL

Beckie said...

Hey this has nothing to do with Sunday sound out, but I saw the article in guide posts about you guys. Congratulations.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oh, I think I will cry when Natalie gives up her naps. She's an..erm..strong-willed child so she's quite vocal. I look forward to the hour of quiet I get when she's sleeping. When she's done with naps, I may have to invest in earplugs.

I'm kidding.

(Sort of.)

Marly said...

I ordered your book. I had a bunch of Amazon money. I'm excited for it to come! I think I also need one of those stickers, or I can just send the book to you and make you think I didn't like it.

Michelle said...

So cool that someone wrapped your present up like that. I'm going to remember that someday.

I feel so uneducated for not knowing the Ex Libris. *sigh* :)

I'd love to see shows on tv that I could let my kids watch... go get your own show!

theresa said...

Dawn,

I also have six kids! And I have a blog, but I think I have 3 readers, and one is my mom!!! HA! My question is....would you still write your blog if you thought noone was reading?

Sarah said...

Dawn, got your book and it is GREAT! Wonderful job! It's great laughing therapy for me. It was hard to put down and I can't wait to finish it. Thanks for always bringing a smile to my face. :) Have a great weekend.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative