Thursday, March 5, 2009

Get the First Copy of My Book!

I just listed an auction on eBay for the first, hot-off-the-presses copy of my book signed by me and the kids! I'm donating half the proceeds to CureSearch. Check it out HERE! :) I thought it was fitting to auction the first book on eBay since that's kinda how this book came about. If it hadn't been for that Pokemon card auction and the attention it brought, I wouldn't even have a book!

A lot of you have asked me questions regarding my book tour and such. Here is what I know.

WILL YOUR BOOK BE AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA, ENGLAND, ETC?

According to my editor - "Theoretically, the book should be available everywhere in the world. How likely it is to be stocked in bookstores around the world is another story, but any bookstore should be able to order it, even if it’s not on their shelf (or readers can just use Amazon). "

WILL YOUR BOOK BE AVAILABLE ON KINDLE?

Again, my editor said, "The book is not yet available in Kindle, but we’re looking into getting this set up for it and all of our books. I’ll let you know when we have more info about when this is going to happen."

ARE YOU COMING TO MY TOWN ON YOUR TOUR?

Since I have 6 kids, my publisher figured it would be a lot easier on everyone if I did a virtual tour instead of taking off to city after city. Bookstores will be having Moms-Night-Out themed events with prizes and goody bags. They'll have signed books and I'll talk via speaker-phone. I don't have time and location details yet, but will keep you posted.

WHEN IS YOUR LAUNCH PARTY?

There will be a launch event/book signing on Sat., April 4 @ 2:00PM at the Book Stall at Chestnut Court in Winnetka. (Winnetka is a suburb of Chicago.) I hope to see you there!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW over 200 already!

Anonymous said...

So, I've been wondering this for a while now. Why isn't one of your kids (or all of your kids) on the cover of the book? Considering your book is based on your kids. Thanks, I look forward to reading your book!
Amanda R.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you'll be at the Book Stall- couldn't believe it when I saw your entry! I live just a few minutes away- will be so great to meet you! Marking my calendar now! Can't wait to read the book, too.

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome, you deserve it, congrats!!!! It hasn't even been listed half a day & it is already up to $212.50 with 9.5 days to go. You are so awesome & it's nice that half of it is going to such a good cause!

Dutch Momma of 4 said...

Hej, I ordered it via Amazon.co.uk (the British!) and they will ship it to the Netherlands! Voila!
I look forward to reading it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dawn! I am so very happy for you! I can't wait to get my own copy!

Luwanna said...

Has your editor contacted Duff to make your cake for the launch party? I figured it would have to be someone important to get Duff in on the fun :)
I'm so excited your book is almost out and can't wait to be able to buy it! Congratulations!!! :D

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you! You should post the link to the Pokemon ebay auction (I was the one who sent it to you) so people who never saw that auction could see it. That was the funniest auction I have ever seen! I've been following your blog since that auction and really love your writing. I can't wait to get your book!

Vivian M said...

I like the idea of a virtual tour, please keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Too bad I no longer live in the suburbs. I would definitely have been there.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Winnetka?!? I live just north of there, you WILL see me there!

Michelle said...

Eh... Winnetka, Naperville. It's about the same distance. And I'll be there. Drinks afterwards?

And fingers crossed that auction ... stays there :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dawn! I wish I lived closer because I'd definately be at your launch party! I'll be there in spirit with my copy of your book!! :)

Donna in PA :)

Kristy said...

I just pre-ordered a copy from B&N! I can't hardly wait to read it!
I agree with Amanda R., why isn't one of your kids on the book? Who is that kid anyways? lol

Andi said...

UGH! It's only 5 hours drive to you on that weekend but that is my every other weekend with the kids. Maybe I can switch with my ex to get me up to the book launch.....Oh Dawn...I want to see you!!!!

I have to think on this one....what to do?? What to do????

Gilsner said...

That's awesome, Dawn! How exciting for you! And the book is so shiney... I love the colors! They say you can't judge a book by it's cover but 'they' have apparently never seen me in a bookstore or at a car dealership! And your ebay post is everybit as funny as the original Pokeman one! Way to go, chickey-poo! :)

Stephy said...

That's awesome!!!

Boy Mom said...

Wow! Congrats and best wishes for a successful debut!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative