Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunday Sound Out

Do you answer EVERY question you get throughout the week? Or do you just pick out the good ones? - plainprecious
Nah, I'm an equal opportunity answerer. I try to answer the stupid ones too.

one more time on the address for the postcards, please! - denise
Actually, I have a new address. It's farther away, but it's a real street address. It's...
Dawn Meehan
836 S. Arlington Heights Rd.
Suite 230
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007


I've been looking at your map. You're not making any inroads into North Dakota, or Montana. Nevada is not a hot bed of love for your blog either. What are your plans for making some headway into those territories? - Rick
Do people actually live in those states?

Anyway, SSO question, is there anything else you "don't do?" Like, phobias or things you physically CANNOT get near? - Jenny
puke, styrofoam, balloons, pointy toed shoes, and math

So what are you going to do with all that loot (tax refund)?!?
I dunno. New couch, perhaps?

I have a question for you.. maybe for next Sunday? What about germs? Are you a freak about germs, or have you just given up over the years? - TheHMC
Let's see...
First kid - you boil and sterilize everything before using it. Kid drops something on the floor and you dive for it, snatching it up so you can quickly boil it again.

Second kid - you wash stuff with soap and hot water before using it. Kid drops something on the floor and you pick it up and wash it off.

Third kid - you rinse stuff off with water and some soap if it's available before using it. Kid drops something on the floor and you wipe it on your shirt to brush off the germs.

Sixth kid - you tear the package open in the car and give the toy/pacifier/office supplies/measuring cups to your child immediately to stop their crabbing. Kid drops it on the floor and you tell one of the older kids to pick it up, brush off the hairball and green slime that has attached itself to the item, and give it back to the baby.

What do you think?


I have a unrelated question for next Sunday. Do you ever buy your kids clothes from any thrift stores. It can be time consuming finding nice clean name brand ones but so worth it. - Kristine in Michigan
I was just talking to my friend Sue about this and we decided that we should really go check out the resale shops more often. If you're patient and persistant you can get great deals. I do buy stuff on sale and I LOVE hand-me-downs.

Oh, Dawn. So sorry to hear the kids are still sick. Definitely no fun for anyone. - m8price
Yeah, it isn't "fun" when they're sick, but still, in a way it's nice. In a "relaxing" sort of way....



Hey Dawn, Can you spare a square? - Sue
I don't have a square to spare. I can't spare a square.

Hi Dawn, I was wondering if people from all the places that your children are named after have sent cards for Autin's project? - anonymous
I have ones from Austin, Savannah, Clayton & Brooklyn, but I don't think I got any from Jackson, MS or Lexington, KY.

Thirdly (and finally), what grades do yo teach at Sunday School? - K
It's funny. When I volunteered to teach, I asked the Christian Ed. Director, "I'll teach again this year, but can I have an age group that my kids aren't in?"
She replied, "I don't think there is such a thing."
"Oh yeah. I guess I do have them in pretty much all age groups, don't I?"
Anyway, I teach 2nd & 3rd grade this year.


I have noticed in the past couple days though, whatever you added recently causes the windows to freeze up, scrolling freezes up, it's really hard on the computer. Scripts, java, or something? - La
Huh? Scripts? Speaking of - I have to memorize mine and soon! Java? I could go for a cup of coffee right about now...

Me again - I found my name on the map. And as I said on my postcard, there's something I'd like to share... We've been living in Dakar, Senegal (West Africa) for over a year, and I got involved in charity work. One particular programme really caught my attention and I posted about it on my blog. One of my readers was so touched about the story that she made a web page.
If your kids whine about their school... please show them these pictures! - Pat in Dakar


I know this is going to sound kinda strange....but I would really like to know where you purchased the t.p. holder in the picture. I really like it and really like that it's not the "spring-loaded dead rod". If, by chance, you remember where you got it, I would love to know. - Kristen
I got it at Target, but it doesn't work. They still don't replace the tp with it.

Sunday question: How often do you do grocery shopping and do you buy in bulk from Sam's or Costco?
I do a big shopping every 2 weeks and fill in with small stuff at least once a week. I never shop at Sam's or Costco. I used to shop at Aldi because groceries are really cheap there. No name brands, small store, no extra frills. I cut my grocery bill in half when I started shopping there. Now that we're doing the diet with no additives or preservatives, however, I have to shop at other places because Aldi just doesn't carry much of anything without additives. I shop at Meijer, Jewel, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Peapod.
Also where on earth do you store all the food an toliet paper?
OK, don't hate me, but my pantry is insanely organized just because I used to sell Tupperware and I acquired enough containers to open my own store.



Hi Dawn, I wonder if anyone else does this...Squezze the roll so it won't roll around as fast? So the kids won't use as much paper. I remember my mother teaching me that trick. Kristine in Michigan.
You NEVER squeeze the roll!



its a bit of a mystery isnt it? They can change their underwear everyday but seem to have trouble changine ONE roll of toilet paper? - roseys madhouse
They change their underwear every day?!?!?!?! Lucky!

SSO potential question: Any advice for a mommy of a 19mo about to become a mommy of two in nine days (hopefully sooner)? - becky
Don't believe them when they say that drinking mineral oil will put you in labor. It won't. And it's not a pretty sight. Trust me on this.

Thanks, Dawn! I'm feeling much better about the two black Russians and handful of snack mix I had for dinner! Or maybe I'm feeling better just because I had two black Russians for dinner...
Sandy in Tucson
(P.S., Just so everyone knows, I don't have two black Russians for dinner every night. Once in a while a salad and some steamed asparagus do manage to creep into my diet...)

I don't always have 2 black Russians for dinner either. Sometimes I have 3.

Here's a question for your Sunday Sound Out - What ad program do you use? Do you get to choose the ads that go on your site or do the powers that be choose it for you? Deb in OPKS
BlogHer Ads. They choose, but I can refuse to run any of them on my blog if I don't like them. Honestly, I've never had the need to refuse any ads as they always choose nice, tasteful ones, in my opinion.

Hi Dawn, This is a question for Sunday SO. How many box's of cheese crackers..I mean..cereal do you go through in a week? Also how many gallons of milk? I can only imagine! - Kristine in Michigan.
We go through about a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread a day and maybe 2 boxes of cereal a week.

SSO question perhaps? How do you fix something for dinner that all 6 kids will eat? I have trouble enough with 4 kids. One doesn't like peas, the other doesn't like corn....blah, blah, blah. Drives me batty it does! Queen Elaine
I just give them all chocolate. It's the one thing they agree on.
OK, I make one thing for dinner and they can eat it or be hungry. The end. Actually, if it's a new recipe or something I know that they don't really like, I give them the option of making themselves a sandwich, but I don't cook a bunch of different things. No way.


You have stopped mentioning weight watchers... are you still trying to follow the plan? - MaBunny
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I suck. But I'm sure I'll start again on Monday. It's tradition after all.

First, where do you find "Sweet Coconut Chai Tea"? It sounds wonderful! - kimikki
It's just Celestial Seasonings. Mmmmm

Just wanted to ask what you wanted me to bring back for you while I'm in Cancun? Jenn loves Derek
Sunshine! 80 degree weather! Tequila?

Dawn, I'm glad the surgeries went well! I'm sorry to put this here, but I can't find a place to put it on your other site. Did you guys post winners for the wriskey and rock the vote contests (on Mamas Like)? I can't find them, or maybe it's just mommy brain:) anonymous
Yep, winners were chosen and announced on Mamaslike.

Eek you have to put height, weight and eye colour on your license?? - nutralady2001
Yeah, they're more fun that way.

Dawn, what is a class 'D'. Laura
the grade I got in math

Wow - what a rubbish experience. (I'm guessing being there for four and a half hours was a SLIGHT exaggeration?) Here in Britain the driving license used to be a bit of paper you had from age 17 to 80. Now it's a photo card and has to be renewed more often, but it's all done by post rather than creepy DMV office! Heather
Who? ME? Exaggerate? Never!
And your license is just paper? For real? What happens when it goes through the wash? I'm really curious because I wash my license, library card, debit card, and grocery store card on a regular basis. Apparently I haven't learned to empty out my pockets yet.


What are you doing to celebrate your birthday? Don't forget Daylight Savings is this weekend too. Hoffman Family
Let's see...I went over to my parents' house today (Sunday) for dinner and I'm going out tomorrow night with my sister. I'll update tomorrow on that because I only got 5hours of sleep last night thanks to daylight savings time and it's now 2:30 am Sunday night and I'm not even halfway finished with this post. I'M TIRED!

thank you very much for being a organ donor. Heaven know we need them here. - Brent
I can't see any reason to NOT be an organ donor. What do I need with a liver when I'm dead? It should go to someone who can use it.

That is a GREAT photo. And hasn't anyone explained to you that when it says "weight" it means "GOAL weight"? They just did not have room for the word goal in that spot. - Brenda
Well darn! NOW you tell me!

You are so pretty!! How do you keep from getting any wrinkles??? - anonymous
I iron my face daily. HA! Actually, it's just all the fat. If I lost weight, the wrinkles would show.

would you hate to know that arizona licenses don't expire for like 30 years? - Spider Lady
Somehow that scares me more than going to the DMV to renew every 4 years! Note to self: Stay off the streets in AZ.

By the way, what happened to your other earring?? - Donna
I figured, dork that I am, that I just forgot to put it on, but the next day, Savannah found it outside the front door of my house. I guess it fell out.

I almost always have sunglasses on my head. My mother is constantly griping for me to take them off when we have family gatherings because, god forbid, anyone should get a picture of me with sunglasses on my head!! *gasp* - TheHMC
My friend Gin, who is a hairdresser, says that she's going to invent a headband that works at well as sunglasses to hold your hair back. Nothing beats 'em!

Ahhh the Illinois DMV, what a joke! My best and quickest experiences with them have been in Morris, IL. You probably could have driven there and back in less than 4 1/2 hours. IMO, Morris is the closet to Mayberry you'll find near the Chicago area. - megryansmom
Hmmmm, are there any Sonics near there?

How many more years before you have to take a kid to get their license> Its tons of fun. - plainprecious
Well, Austin will be 16 in 2 1/2 years, but he's grounded until the end of time, so I guess I have until Savannah turns 16 (about 4 more years).

What do you REALLY want for your birthday...I mean, besides world peace? (Might as well have it WRITTEN here in black and white so there's NO "I didn't know what you wanted" EXCUSE from anyone!) - Nancy Binky
I wanted a birthday margarita, a birthday cookie, or a birthday tirimisu. I got all three!

Oh my gosh. I couldn't figure out what the "GRN eyes" was. Am I stupid or what? anonymous
Hey! Are you the girl on the commercial for Beauty and the Geek who says, "It's not that I'm stupid. I just don't know stuff."?

61 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I can't believe any mother of 4 or 6 wouldn't already know that there is no way you can find a dinner to please everyone (aside from candy, of course)! To dream...the impossible dream....

There is always at least one kid crying at our dinner table. I hate dinner.

Anonymous said...

*H*a*P*p*Y* *B*i*R*t*H*d*A*y*

Have a Wonderful Day!!

Cheers from ~ Your Loyal Reader,

Donna in NY :)

nutralady2001 said...

Happy birthday Dawn !!!!!!

Hoep you have a fantabulous day! xx

nutralady2001 said...

OK another comment.......more like a question, that address, is your PO Box address still OK?? I have stuff here to send you.......

Irishmama said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!
Did you know that nothing has calories on your birthday?

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! I just happened to notice, on your driver's license, that today was your birthday! Too bad it is the monday after time change, huh? If your family is like mine this morning was NOT a happy one for anyone....

Hope you have a great day anyway!Kim

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Is there any way to connect with the person who lives in Dakar, Senegal? My daughter lived there for two years and I visited there three times. Would love to "meet" her. I'd be willing to send you my e-mail address to forward to her. Chris in PA

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn! Mine is on Thursday.
I have to tell you that our pantries look the same. I have never sold it though, but my tupperware guy(you heard me, its a man) is trying to convince me to sell it. He said that I wouldn't even have to buy the start-up kit because I already have everything. I love tupperware!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Do something crazy...take a nap?
I hope you have a great day!
Patty

Anonymous said...

Someone mentioned resale stores for kids clothes...don't forget ebay and other great internet sites. There's one (could someone help me on this?) that is a trade-only site for name brad kids clothes. I can't remember the name, though. At any rate, I say take advantage of this time in life when you can safely order online, before they have to try on 500 pairs of pants to find one that fits. I've never bought clothes off ebay that didn't fit my daughter. (On the other hand, I've bought several pairs of jeans for myself, none of which have fit. Hmm. Maybe it's not the jeans.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!!!!! Hope you get spoiled rotten! Have a fab day

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAWN!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

I have read your page since last Aug or Sept and absolutely love it. I have never successfully posted a comment because I type them and then for some unknown reason, I am unable to make them post. I am trying anonymous to see if it works. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog and your humor. Also, I haven't lived in Chicago since 1987 and I still remember the EMPIRE Carpet commmercials....that was too funny!

Janet said...

Do NOT waste money on a new couch until all your kids are completely potty-trained, stop bedwetting, and learn to recognize when they're going to puke so they can get to the bathroom. Unless you buy a plastic one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!!! Hope your day rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,

I sent you a card from Jackson. I am Jackson, CA though not MS.

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!!

Oh, and, Holy Pantry Batman!

vegaschristina said...

Dawn, I am not an organ donor because I am not eligible to be. My dad was in the army and we spent 7 years in Europe. What I was told was that if we spent more than 30 days in Europe during the 80s, we weren't eligible donors because of the potential of mad cow disease. Kinda makes me mad, actually. When my dad passed, we would have donated his body but it was refused. My mom and I had decided that we would donate as a way to keep his spirit alive and help others. Having it refused was like a slap in the face.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just read the entry about your license, and was going to comment on what a great picture when I noticed your birthdate. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love your blog. Makes a great start to my morning. Have a wonderful day.

Robin said...

First of all - Happy birthday!!!

Since I ran across your blog about a month or so ago, I read it daily. Your children are adorable. The good Lord did not bless me with children so I tend to live vicariously through others that have them. You and Kate (Jon & Kate make eight on TLC) are too blessed for words in my opinion. In addition, I have a theory about wonderful blessings like Mimi’s darling, Julian. Once in heaven, childless women like me get to care for these awesome little creatures while waiting for their mothers.

It is sad that no one from Mississippi has sent you what you need for this map project. Therefore, I’m gonna go for it. What is it that you need? I’m actually from Pearl a suburb of Jackson, MS but I promise to mail whatever is needed from the downtown Jackson post office. I hope that will suffice.

Thanks for the entertainment!

Franny Organny said...

Dear Dawn,

Happy happy birthday from the other side of Lake Michigan!

hope you can see this right

..H..A..P...P.
..,.- ' " ' -..,...Y
./..#........\.......B..I..R.
.;.#.........;..., - ' " ' - ,...T
.\............/../...#......\...H
..\........../..;..#.........;..D
... `.'.q.'.´....\............/.A
...... (..........\........../.Y
........)..........`.'.p.'.´
.......(.............. ..)
........)..............(
.......(................)
........)..*.....*.... .*
.......(..’ 0....”0....”0
......... _||___||___||_
....’* ,{,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,},*
.... 0,,{/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/},’0
..._||_{_________”___}_||_
..{/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/}
..{,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,}
..{/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/}
..{_____________”_______}

Keren said...

I must be a super-advanced parent. I jumped from "first-kid" level to "sixth-kid" level (germ-consciousness) in only two kids!

Also, as a former Chicagoan, I too have the Empire jingle permanently occupying some corner of my brain -I thought I had left it behind until a couple of years ago I started hearing the jingle on the east coast too!

Anonymous said...

Why is Austin grounded for life? I smell a good story!

rthling said...

You forgot the "pick up the pacifier, lick it off, and give it back to the screaming child." Did I just say that out loud???
Oh, and Happy Birthday! You look great! I say the same thing all the time about how being fat keeps me looking young.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Thanks for answering my question - formally Deb of OPKS

my3boys said...

Tupperware:
I have never understood why one would take cereal or crackers or whatever out of the original container to put it in Tupperware? The only thing I do that with is the instant rice box because I spill it every time I try to pour through that stupid cardboard flap!

Driver's License:
I didn't realize you were being sarcastic about the 4 1/2 hours at the DMV because 5-6 hours is the honest-to-goodness "norm" in Denver. Ours are good for 10 years though, and you can renew by mail if you don't want a new picture.

Just FYI. :)

HerstoryGirl said...

"puke, styrofoam, balloons, pointy toed shoes, and math"

Seriously, Dawn, I think we were separated at birth.
=)

HerstoryGirl said...

Oh, I almost forgot:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
And btw, that is one of the BEST driver's license photos I have ever seen. You are very photogenic.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, You are truly gifted in seeing and commenting on the funny side of situations. Thanks for making me smile today...

Veggiemomof2 said...

There are many WW recipes online if you need help.

I ALWAYS have sunglasses on my head..I would LOVE it if headbands worked as well, but then they'd interfere w/my sunglasses :P

Kresta Glaser said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Dawn!!! I hope you have a fabulous day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Have a great day and a fantastic year!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. May I wish you some mellow wine and lots of chocolate!

Anonymous said...

oooh!! It's your birthday!! ^_^

Have an absolutely wonderful fabulous terrific birthday!! Hope its one to remember!

I have two SSO questions today.
1. I'm sorry if this makes me sound like an idiot, but I can't quite seem to figure out all the names of your kids. Could you devise a list of name, age, identifying quirk/nickname, and picture, please?
2. How long have you been doing your blog, when did you start it, and when is the first year anniversary (unless you have been doing it for more than a year, then when is the next anniversary?)
0
Again, have a happy birthday! [1]
(That's a candle, in case you were wondering what I'm doing with my sad picture skilz, lol.

~Jenny

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dawn!

I tried to post a comment on your DMV post, but got an error message followed by a "waiting for comment approval" message... Weird...

I'm glad you already got everything you wanted for your birthday! That never happens to me... Maybe I should become a world-famous blogger mom? Nah. I could never compete with you!!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm not the first one to say it by far, but Happy Birthday, Dawn! Six cuties to give you birthday hugs and kisses must be fabulous!

Oh, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who does the sunglasses thing...my Goddaughter was doing it one day (she was all of 3 at the time) and her mom, my friend, asked her why, and she said, "Just like Auntie Laura!" I wasn't aware I did it that much, but I guess it was my defining characteristic at the time. Now I don't even try to fight it!

Laura

Anonymous said...

That's a sneaky way to announce your birthday!!

Have a great day.

My dad always made a point of taking his birthday off from work. Too bad Moms can't do that

Unknown said...

That was awesome, Franzi. How did you learn how to do that?

Randee said...

Dawn,
I read all the time.....and have to say, laugh all the time too! Not sure if you are familiar with the blog
http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/
THis is a dad and one of the sweetest things I have ever read (every day)...there is a little blogging thing going on with it right now ...... follow this link to see:
http://learysinlove.blogspot.com/2008/03/for-tricia.html
if you read :For Tricia you will see what is going on. I know you are major busy, but thought of you immediately when I saw all the comments....
Anyway, here is a long note froms someone you don't know, with something for you to do that you don't have time to do, but thought I'd add it to you list anyway :).
And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

Have a VERY...


H
A
P
P
Y

B
I
R
T
H
D
A
Y........D a w n!!!!!!

And MANY happy returns of the day!
Nancy Binky

Angie said...

I currently live in Champaign Illinois, but up until 2 years ago I lived about an hour drive from Lexington, Ky. (When you're that far out in the country its "close enough for government work", as the saying goes). So if I send a letter does it "count"? I don't want Lex to be left out.

Diana said...

Happy b'day! I celebrate anniversaries of my birthday now. This year will be the 7th anniversary of my 39th birthday!.

BTW, I am working on getting you a postcard from Lexington MA. A consultant who works at my company lives there...but he's a guy so I'm not holding out too much hope.

Carissa said...

Hope your birthday was awesome!!!

I love your blog. You're my hero. I can't imagine what you have to go through each day, I just have 2 girls though. Do you find girls better behaved than boys are?

Anonymous said...

OH YEAH!!! Definitely did the "lick the pacifier" routine, starting with my first kid, by probably 6 months of age. I think I may have boiled stuff twice before that grew old.

And I'll third that about fat filling out wrinkles! Almost afraid to lose the extra weight!

Happy birthday, Dawn!!

Dawn in MI

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday and I dont hate you as my pantry looks just like youre - green lids too!

debi9kids said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday (getting what you wanted.) YEAH!
At first when i read your answer to how much milk, I thought it said "1 gallon a week" and I was going to seriously HATE you. LOL But, now I see it's 1 gallon a day and I don't feel so bad. I really have considered actually buying a cow...if only I had the land. UGH!

Amy M/Minnesota said...

I, too, noticed today is your birthday. I hope it was wonderful! I do enjoy reading about your family and all the funny things that happen. I have two boys, 13 & 10, and they are the best. Funny, easy-going and good, good boys. Just thought I'd post a quick salutation for the day. Have a great week, too.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have to thank Brenda for letting me know that weight means goal weight. Now I won't feel guilty about splitting the difference!

Happy Birthday, you're still a baby!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

HOLY SHIT! How many SSO's did you get and have to answer?!?!?! And NO, you don't have to answer that NEXT SUNDAY!

I missed your birthday? Happy Birthday!

Your pantry is AMAZINGLY CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL! I am jealous.

I LOATHE POINTY SHOES. They are witch-like and stupid and UGLY!

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dawn! Here's hoping that even sleepless, it was a wonderful event that didn't require you making your own cake!

I have to admit that I drooled when I saw your pantry. It's SO beautiful! Yet another thing to aspire to....

I feel like a bad mom because I only did the boiling thing for the first few months of my son's life, then I skipped straight to child 6 attitude. My poor daugheter started out that way, but shhh don't tell her!

Happy Birthday!!

Michelle
www.honestandtruly.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I always get these a day late.... I noticed one day that you "said" something about if it is emailed to us then it takes longer.....so how else would I get it.

Also - Happy Birthday.... my "baby" turned 4 on March 1. I quit at 3 kids.

I love your blog - I read it everyday and laugh my rear off....and by third kid I had achieved 6th kid status. I have made the oldest one the official snack/juice person...is that bad?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Dawn, Happy Birthday to you!

I sure felt all smug when you were describing how sick your family was, and about all the puke, THEN my grandson decided to get sick, all night long, then the runs got him, he felt better and guess what, he gave it to his Nana! Not so bad as I didn't hurl, but couldn't be too far from a toilet(if you get my meaning). Thought I was getting better then got a horrendous headache and the trouts all over again, by this time my granddaughter AND her mother started hurling. If that wasn't bad enough my husband came home after being gone a week, sicker then a dog, and my middle son who is living back at home started hurling at 2:30am this morning. Happy Days are here again........

Anonymous said...

Happy belated B-day! My oldest son celebrated his (8th) b-day yesterday too!

Gretchen said...

""I almost always have sunglasses on my head. My mother is constantly griping for me to take them off when we have family gatherings because, god forbid, anyone should get a picture of me with sunglasses on my head!! *gasp* - TheHMC
My friend Gin, who is a hairdresser, says that she's going to invent a headband that works at well as sunglasses to hold your hair back. Nothing beats 'em!
"""

When Gin invents them, sell them on your site! I agree that Nothing beats them!!! I've been looking forever.

Kelly A. Battles said...

I read about your grocery shopping. Have you ever heard of The Grocery Game? I found out about it from Thrifty Mommy. I can't believe I ever shopped "the old way" now. I save on average 50% from my grocery bill. It's simply amazing -- last week my $153 grocery bill went all the way down to $79!!! It's basically combining coupon shopping with "rock bottom sales" -- I highly recommend it.

Just your everyday average married momma... said...

HOLY cow, I second the Morris IL thing. I used to live in Dwight and the DMV in Morris rocked versus the DMV's here in FL (where I grew up and now live again). While they still hate their job (obviously) at least they run you in and out quicker LOL!

Gotta go do the fruit salad dance from Noggin...

DocMisty said...

My picky 4-year-old came up with a brilliant religious reason to skip dinner. We fast (skip meals for a day and pray for a purpose) once a month in our church, and the kids can try skipping one meal - usually breakfast when they are eight or so, if they want. After listening to his older siblings discuss the virtues of skipping breakfast or lunch earlier in the day, my little guy proudly announced that he was "fasting from dinner!" when it was time to eat. He hates dinner, too - you know, the 'real food' is just much grosser than cereal, sandwiches, and fruit.

Chelf said...

Since I notice you like Sonic: I didn't tell you on my postcard to Austin that we have the Sonic World Headquarters here in Downtown Oklahoma City. They used to have a taller building, and we knew a guy in college that was a peach of a guy, who really didn't know much.
"You guys gotta come and see, there is a HUGE SONIC down there!" No restaurant in the building, mind you. Sonic started in Oklahoma.

I went there once to turn in an application to work at the offices, and when you step off the elevator, there was a huge light fixture that looked like one of the mints they put in your sack. I wonder if that moved to the new building?

Lorna said...

Arizona licenses are actually good until you turn 65, so depending on when your's is issued it could be valid for longer than 30 years. It is a scary place to drive, but more because people come from all over, especially in the winter. We've been keeping track this week since the kids are on spring break and have already seen license plates from 37 states and 2 Canadian provinces. Apparently laws differ around the country with regards to things like right of way at a 4 way stop, so nobody seems to know what anyone else is going to do. I keep saying that driving here is like bumper cars at the carnival.

And Empire isn't just a Chicago thing, I grew up in California and now live in Arizona and when I read that post, I immediately knew you were taking about Empire.

Anonymous said...

We don't renew licenses in the UK - well not unless you get it revoked for some reason.
They used to just be paper but now you have a plastic photocard and a paper counter-part (you can prettymuch file it away "somewhere safe" most of the time.

I'm so thrilled to hear that you don't cook multiple meals, I always figured that was a bad idea. When I grew up you ate what was put on your plate, made a sandwich or went hungry - simple.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative