Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Snoaking in the Local Stores

I went to a store called Old Time Pottery yesterday. They don’t have those in Chicagoland so I was excited to check it out. It’s a cool store. Kinda like Frank’s Nursery and Crafts meets Michael’s, meets Bed, Bath & Beyond meets a flea market. It’s got some neat decorations for good prices. I got a few decorating ideas while perusing the aisles.

Among all the great finds, a few real gems really stood out. For example, there was this one . . .

519 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
Awww, what a sweet sentiment. Happiness often snoaks in a door, wait a minute. Snoaks? Does that say snoaks? Maybe I’m looking at it wrong. Blink blink. Nope, it says snoaks all right. Huh, how ’bout that? Snoaks. I may have to go back and buy this, and hang it in my bathroom just as a conversation piece.
521 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
This sign reads, “Think safe!  Please ask for assistance to reach merchandise on the top shelves.” Of course, you have to stand on your head to read the sign which is, in itself, a safety issue, I should think.
522 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
Here we  have a cross made from horseshoes. Only in the south. Jesus loves all the little horses too.
523 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
Here’s a happy little pig. Oh, he really is happy. I think. I’m not sure. Is that his tail? As Savannah, my friend, Matt, and I were scrutinizing the pig, a saleswoman came over and gushed, “Isn’t he cute?!” I thought she might have been using sarcasm, but I honestly wasn’t sure. I didn’t want to laugh and say, “Oh yeah! What kind of freak would buy this?!” Maybe she was serious. Maybe she really thought the pig was cute. Maybe she has one on her kitchen table or nightstand. I just gave her a little nod and a half-smile and walked away quickly before she pointed out any other finds.
056 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
I’m not sure if this frog is doing push-ups or posing for a Victoria’s Secret layout. But more importantly, I’m really not sure why anyone would buy this. And where would they put it?
058 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
Come on, birds. Come on in. Nothing to worry about here. Just a friendly little bird house. A birdhouse that isn’t going to eat you at all.
0741 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
Coudt your blessings. And be thankful that you’re blessed with the ability to spell the word “count”.
066 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
Are they fruit? Are they animals?
068 225x300 Snoaking in the Local Stores
They’re both! And not only that, but they’re banks as well! Now, you tell me, who couldn’t use a banana bird bank?

I can’t wait to go back and see what other treasures I can fine!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I just went to VA to visit some family, and I went to an Old Time Pottery! I have to go everytime I visit. I collect birds and they had a ton : )

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative