Saturday, July 16, 2011

And These are the Things I Could Live Without

Yesterday, I shared my favorite things about Florida. We’ve been here about two weeks now and we’re settling in. Boxes are almost all unpacked, rooms are set up, we’re finding positive things about living here. But with all the good things, there are some that aren’t so wonderful. There are some that are just strange and foreign to us. And then there are some that make us want to move back home (cough cough Palmetto bugs)!

The good definitely outweighs the bad, but in the interest of fairness, here’s a list of the notsogood things about living in Florida.

PALMETTO BUGS ARE AS BIG AS A CAT. CONTINUE READING HERE FOR PROOF!

2 comments:

cakeburnette said...

Hairspray (preferably something with Ultra Hold) will kill palmetto bugs. And the added bonus is that it will sort of cement them to the floor in the process. You'll just have to scrape it up after an hour or so.

I grew up in the Deep South, so I wasn't so shocked by them, but my friend from MI just about had a heart-attack the first time one got into her hotel room during a conference. That's where I learned the hairspray trick--she didn't have anything else to kill it with!

Michelle said...

I find it very funny that you complain about drivers in FL when you lived in Chicago LOL. I drove in Chicago and people honk at you if you don't start diving before the light turns green! My husband and I decided that Chicago was not for us LOL. Took us a few lights to figure out why people were honking at us...we actually wait for a green light!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative