Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Where I've Been

This is where I've been blogging this week.

Because I Said So (video)
WATCH IT HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of Life's Mysteries Unveiled

I went around the yard today, picking up baseballs, frisbees, empty juice pouches, wrappers, and other miscellaneous junk my kids always seem to leave in their wake.

One of my more interesting finds today was this.

CONTINUE READING HERE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The One in Which I Refrain from Slapping from a Mom

Yesterday, I was talking to an acquaintance who was going on and on complaining because her husband was out of town on business for two nights and she didn’t know how she was ever going to handle taking care of her two kids all by herself.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wine Marketed to Moms: YAY! (or nay)?

I’m a single mom of 3 girls and 3 boys, trying to juggle kids, work and laundry with the help of God, family, friends and wine (not necessarily in that order). That’s how the bio on my personal blog reads. Now, don’t get me wrong. I love my life. I love my kids. I love being a mom. I wouldn’t trade a minute of it for all gold in the world, although I’d consider trading it for a nap. Nah, I wouldn’t even trade it for a nap. But let’s face it, being a mom is hard work. It’s demanding. It’s never-ending. It’s emotionally draining. And it’s without monetary compensation.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Japan to Unveil World's Steepest Roller Coaster

My son, who takes Japanese in school, informed me that we “have to go to Japan this summer!” I foolishly thought he wanted to try out his language skills and check out the local culture. Nope. He wants to check out Japan’s newest roller coaster, Takabisha. This roller coaster boasts the sharpest incline in the world with its 121-degree free-fall and 43-meter drop. Pass the barf bag, please.

CONTINUE READING HERE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kid Shot for Ringing Doorbell

According to an article in the Huffington Post, Michael Bishop, a 56-year-old Kentucky man was charged with attempted murder after shooting12-year-old, Jason Eberle in the back. What elicited this heinous act? The boy and his friends were playing Ding Dong Ditch. Seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me. I mean, I usually get out my flamethrower when kids walk across my lawn. And heaven help the person who lets their dog do his business in my yard; I usually grab my bow and arrow to take care of that nuisance. (That was sarcasm just in case anyone thinks I’m serious. I usually just use a slingshot for hooligans who trespass on my property.)

CONTINUE TO READ HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why Moms Love to Hate Facebook

In a recent L.A. Times article, the author cites a report which estimates that Facebook lost nearly 6 million U.S. users in the month of May. The numbers were gotten from Inside Facebook, a site that tracks Facebook and the Facebook platform for developers and marketers. A spokesperson from Facebook, while not addressing the exact numbers, stated that the company is happy with its traffic.

Whether Facebook is growing by leaps and bounds or losing users faster than I’m losing my battle with gray hair makes no difference to me. My biggest concern with Facebook is why I keep seeing ads for wrinkle cream, walkers, AARP, and wine. Wait, actually, the wine one is good. I mean, I’m only thirty-eleven! Some of those ads are just insulting.

I, like most of my friends, have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. Here’s why . . .

CONTINUE READING HERE!

1 comment:

LittleBirdies said...

My husband came home tired and not in the best of moods from work yesterday. I showed him your video and it brought a smile to his face. We have 3 boys ages 8- 1 1/2 and he was saying that he could so see our kids doing many of those actions you described. Thanks for some good laughs.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative