Monday, June 6, 2011

My Family

Remember when my dear friend and web designer, Kelli from Pulsepoint Design took over my blog and encouraged my readers to send me a card, make a donation, or otherwise help out my family while we were going through some very tough times? I do. Every day, I think about the amazing generosity of my readers, and every day I'm reminded of just how blessed I really am. If it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't have the money for closing costs and moving expenses. You've not only helped us financially, but you've given me encouragement and lifted us up in your prayers. With all your support, I was able to go out and find a less expensive house for us to live in. I just want to take a moment to thank you all again. I really couldn't have done all this without your help and I want you to know how deeply I appreciate every single act of kindness from each and every one of you!

A couple months ago, one person wrote me and said that she wanted to help. She owns a photography business and offered to take pictures of my family. Kim from Kimberly Neyer Photography came out last week and did just that. I was so happy to have these pictures, not only because I wanted some updated shots of my kids, but because Kim preserved the memories of this house and surrounding area in her photographs. It'll be terrific to look back at these pictures after we move.

Kim did an absolutely amazing job! She took her time and was great with my kids who were wacko as always. I love that she got some posed shots, but also a great deal of candid pictures of my kids acting like, well, like themselves. I couldn't be more pleased with these pictures!

See for yourself this small sampling of the pictures she took!









Anyone in the Chicagoland area, please check out Kim's website. She's amazing! I highly recommend her! Thank you so much, Kim!

21 comments:

suzanne said...

Those photographs are amazing! I wish I could go to Chicago for a family portrait!

lilkj said...

You have a beautiful family Dawn and you look great!

Karen said...

I LOVE the foot pic!!!! If those are just a sample of the photos she took, I can only imagine how much you are going to enjoy looking back at them for the rest of your life. It was great to see your kids laughing and smiling.

Kim Neyer said...

Thank you, Dawn!! I am SOOOOO GLAD that you love the photos!! :)

erika325 said...

GREAT photos! I love the feet, of course. The others are wonderful, you can see their personalities; you have a sweet family. I love how in the black/white one, you can only see Clay's legs. ;)

Wendy said...

Wow Dawn, you look AMAZING!!!!! I wish I lived in Chicago, I would love to have these kind of pics taken of my family. You are truly blessed!

Notsopc said...

I love your family.. you guys will rock Orlando...You all will be fine!! yes I know these things.hahah

Nancy

Kimberly said...

Great pictures! That foot one is too cute... What a wonderful idea! And when did your kids all grow up? These pictures will be wonderful memories to have in your new home. Cherish them. And your kiddos!

Unknown said...

Those are great!!! What a great gift to you and a treasure for sure!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Nice!

Robin M said...

Kim did an amazing job. If I was in the area I would definitely seek her out. I love all the pictures.

Sarah said...

Dawn, these are wonderful~! You look just like one of the kids~!

Rachel said...

You guys rocked those pictures! So glad you have those memories!

Elleah said...

Love the feet one! They're all great!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

OMG Dawn! I went to Kim's website and saw all the photos of you and the kids. They are amazing, not only because she's obviously a very talented photographer, but they are amazing because you can see the love they have for you in each one of your kids smiles. You definitely got the BEST thing out of the divorce and it was those 6 kids! They are all beautiful. You look amazing too. Best of luck in Orlando!! Jenn in Texas

Unknown said...

those are great pictures - and you really do have a lovely family!

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] said...

GAWgeous!

Autie & Naughty's Mom said...

Dawn, you look so skinny and gorgeous in these photos! And you guys look like a truly happy family.

Mimicutelips said...

She did a beautiful job. The essence of your family dynamic and love exudes in the pictures.

Congrats on the newer cheaper home.

Robin said...

I LOVE these shots! Great job Kim!! And way to be your normal wacko selves kids!!

Rachel said...

You look like you've lost weight! You look absolutely fabulous!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative