We had a ton of snow on the ground for Christmas, however, the last couple days, it's been downright tropical outside with temps reaching 50 degrees. This morning when I woke up, I looked out the window and saw green (well brownish-green), but still, there it was - grass! All the snow had disappeared. My friend, Jen's Facebook status said, "I'm believing it's symbolic of melting away 2010 and a positive fresh start to 2011....one can hope!" I like that. All the bad has melted away. There's no use dwelling on all the bad stuff that happened in 2010. It's over and done with. That dirty, sludgy snow isn't going to come back. It's gone.
It's time to clean up the yard and prepare for a fresh, crisp, white layer of snow. You might be surprised at what you find when you clean the clutter out. Cleaning my yard, I found a beach towel, a waterlogged phone book that had been delivered, half a bagel, a shoe, and a buried sled. When I cleaned out the junk and negative thoughts that had been cluttering my head, I found some more reasons to smile.
So, clear out the junk and make room for all the blessings that 2011 will bring. I'm ready!
But what new year would be complete without a list of resolutions? Here are my resolutions from year's past...
My resolutions for 2008
My new and improved resolutions for 2008
My resolutions for 2009
My resolutions for 2010
This is my list for 2011...
1. Start putting Baileys in my coffee for a much smoother morning.
2. Lower my cholesterol level by raising my caffeine level.
3. Buy jeans that are 2 sizes bigger so it just looks like I lost weight.
4. Bring Brooklyn with me wherever I go so people are distracted by her cuteness and they don't notice the bags under my eyes and the gray in my hair.
5. Make a list of all my passwords which should save me approximately 238 hours a year trying to remember them.
6. Drive no more than 50 miles over the speed limit.
7. Hit the snooze button only 15 times each morning.
8. Get a pet monkey.
9. Quit my day job and become a stand-up comic because they have better hours.
10. Come up with the latest money-making fad - TickleMeChiaBeanieSnuggieBandz.