Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Sound Out

From Chicago, where every street is an ice rink, it's your host, the woman who is sick and sounds like Roz from Monsters Inc., Dawn Meehan. "I'm watching you, Wazowski, always watching."

Really, I have real questions about laundry. How many loads a day do you do? There are five of us and I have so many piles of laundry its not even funny! Also, what kind of hampers do you use? Do each of the kids have one? Do you have two or three in the hallway? How do you manage it?
I'm a little disturbed that you find the subject of laundry so fascinating, but I'll try to answer your questions. I do about 4 loads a day, every day. I use cracked, broken, falling-apart, plastic laundry baskets, but I refuse to replace them because I know they'll just break again. That's what happens when your kids turn them upside down and climb on them to reach something on top of the refrigerator. Or when they turn them upside down, put one kid (the lion) under the basket while the other kids (people at the zoo) poke the lion through the holes with chopsticks. Or when the kids place a sibling in the basket, dump it over on its side, and roll the sibling around the house until they get dizzy and throw up. Or when they make pretty designs by weaving broken silly bands through all the holes. Or when they jump off the couch, try to clear the basket, but catch the edge of it on their foot, knocking the basket down and landing on top of it. Or when they, sigh, you get the idea. I have two small baskets that sit in the kids' rooms and I have two large baskets that stay in the laundry room. Er, well, they're supposed to stay in the laundry room. Three of the four are generally full. The one in the boys' room is usually empty because they have yet to learn how to use it. I manage it by remembering that the only way out of doing laundry is death and most days I'd prefer to do laundry.

P.S... Will you add me on Facebook again?
Yes, but you have to vote for me
HERE. Or send me chocolate. Or come babysit so I can have one night off.

Did you end up going with the fancy tax credit furnace or just a regular one?
I got the furnace that heats your house, folds your laundry, makes fabulous salads, and drives the kids to hockey practice.

Also, I'm from the South, so I'm not quite sure about furnaces. Is what you call a furnace what we call a heater? A big unit that pumps hot air through the vents? Or are they different?
Uh yeah. It's kinda like how we call carbonated soft drinks "pop" and you call them all "Coke".

Do you save your Facebook posts in a file for future reference at the time you post them?? (Or is there some nifty software you use?)
I am not that computery. I just clicked a little button on Facebook that said "Make your own year in review". It did all the work for me.

The best the moth can do is try to suffocate you with your own pillow. That HARDLY ever happens.Feel better now?
I don't really feel better about your questionable moth theory, but I'm at peace knowing that no creature could survive in this frozen tundra so I'm safe until next summer.


Now, stop by Lisa's blog because she's giving away a Tassimo T20 Brewbot by Bosch along with a copy of my book, You'll Lose the Baby Weight (and other lies about pregnancy and childbirth). What better way to spend a freezing cold day then curled up with a fabulous book and a cuppa hot chocolate? (Note how I said my book was fabulous? I can do that cuz it's my book and all.)

7 comments:

Kaia said...

I had to laugh at "the best a moth can do" comment. My extremely smart brother once left his window, that did NOT have a screen, open and his light on in the middle of summer. I think he killed about 8 moths before he went to bed? And then woke up in the middle of the night with one frantic moth lodged in his ear, resulting in frantic parents and a trip to the ER to get it out. hahahahaha.. oh, sorry if this makes you more terrified of moths :P But on the plus side, if yours was huge, it probably couldn't fit in your ear, right?!

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry I disturbe you with all of my laundry questions. I'm just wondering how other Moms out there do it. And since you're such a wonderful role model... I'd love to know what you do with every day things.

Thanks for adding me on facebook again, btw! I love all your updates. I voted for you! Even went and logged onto all three computers in the house to do so. I'd send you chocolate, but we need to save all the money for a new vehicle. Ours got totaled. :(

So glad you're warm now!

Oh, and one more thing.. I would love to babysit for you. So... if you move to Ohio... :)

cakeburnette said...

hee, hee--I will willingly attest to the fabulous-ness of the book! I read in all in one day, so I know! :)

Amy said...

My boys used to play "roller coaster" with my laundry baskets. That involved one of the little ones sitting in the basket while one of the older ones swung it around in the air. They found out what a "good" idea that was when the baby ended up with 4 staples in his head courtesy of a close encounter with the fridge.

I don't bother buying new baskets either.

mommeeof10 said...

You use laundry baskets? We use the diningroom table, pile the clean laundry on until it starts to fall off then sort method.

V1nce said...

Moths? People have theories on what moths can do?

*whistles innocently*

Oh yeah that reminds me, they can also velcro those little grippy jogging weights to their wings and bash your face in but that only happened once in Texas. Or so that guy at the gas station said when I was filling up my tank to get some free Bar-b-q sandwiches at Rudys. He seemed like a reliable guy to me.

Elizabeth said...

Laundry sucks donkey balls. I can't imagine how you keep up with SIX kiddos. I only have three and am perpetually behind. I JUST (last week) instituted a policy of having my oldest two (10 and 6) fold and put away their own clothes after I've washed them. It is working well. I keep a sectioned basket in the laundry room and every time I take a load out of the dryer I sort the big boys' clothes into their respective section. They are responsible to check these bins daily. I like to think it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I'm teaching them to fend for themselves. I'm pushing them out of the nest to learn to fly. :D

Stop by www.realestatetangent.com if you get a chance!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative