Thursday, December 16, 2010

At Least They're Cute

I had Brooklyn's teacher conference the other day. Her teachers showed me her little report card. Brooklyn had gotten straight X's in every subject. (That's the preschool equivalent of A's.)She rocks in subjects like Counts to Ten, Holds Scissors Correctly, and Gallops. I'm telling you, this girl is going places!

Her teachers continued to tell me that Brooklyn not only knows what she's doing in school, but she's always happy to help the kids sitting at her table.

They ended with, "If we had eighteen Brooklyns in class, we'd be happy."

Oh yeah! I walked out of there beaming because, clearly, it was my stellar parenting that had earned her such a glowing report. I must be the most awesome mom on the planet. How else could you possibly explain my daughter's brilliance? I quickly drove home so I could start filling out college applications for her. However, when I walked in the door, all my dreams were dashed.

"Hey Mom! Will you sign this?" Clay asked, as he handed me a piece of paper.

I looked at the paper and started reading. "...Clayton was standing on the toilet seat goofing off in the bathroom..."

I sighed, shaking my head in defeat. "Thanks for putting me in my place, Clay."

"What, Mom?"

"I said, Clayton Reid Meehan, why on earth were you standing on the toilet seat?! You have GOT to learn to think first and then make a good choice!"


Okay, so maybe my kids aren't quite the brilliant products of my stellar parenting. Still, they're kinda cute...

"Mom, this is NOT the real Santa. He sounds like a Muppet and his beard falls down when he talks."


"But I'll pose and smile nice for a picture with this impostor because you never know, he might have ties to the real deal."

15 comments:

V1nce said...

Is it just me that thinks the concrete blocks behind Santa make it look like the photo was taken in a prison?

Scared Straight with Santa...

Gilsner said...

Cute indeed! Heck, I'm 30(ish) and I still haven't mustered a good gallop.

Cristen said...

This might sound silly but does Brooklynn have make-up on? SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! On a side not did you ever consider homeschooling. Back when you had just one or two kids?

Mark said...

Wherever did you find that red dress for Brooklyn? She outshines Santa..I would imagine the store ownership thrust fistfuls of dollars at you to hire the kid out for their advertising campaign. No? Well..It could happen!

Enjoy your snow!

Mark in MASS (writing in at 4:00 AM)

VictoriaKP said...

Brilliant! I only have 2 kids but I feel like this kind of thing happens all the time. One kid brings home a test that's 100% on the same day I get a note from the teacher about questionable behavior. It helps keep the ego in check :-).

Sarah said...

Those pics of Brooklyn with Santa are GREAT!!!! She looks so grown up! :( Beautiful, like her Mama! :)

Michelle said...

Love it! LOL! I recently came out of my Kindergarteners parent/teacher conference beaming with pride, but it was my husband who took my bright hopes for the future away when he plugged a regular TV into a German electricity sockett.

WeaselMomma said...

I always go to parent teacher conferences wearing black because I know I will be mourning any hopes that I've ever had at my children succeeding in life.

Jennifer said...

She looks like a little Christmas angel in that photo. Very sweet.

cakeburnette said...

You got that right--SHE IS SIMPLY ADORABLE! Merry Christmas to your family!

Robin said...

Adorable!

LuAnne Lizotte said...

what a pretty little girl that looks a lot like her mama. I hope Santa gets some of what she and her brothers and sisters whatever they want for Christmas.

Kirsten said...

Brooklyn is absolutely beautiful!! She has always been cute, but look at that picture with Santa...Gorgeous! Smart and pretty! You should be proud! :)

The Cloth Diaper Connection said...

Love it - I hear the same thing about one of my children every year. The other one, not so much. But they are good kids : )

lori said...

a doll even without the pink cowboy boots.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative