Saturday, May 2, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y

Finally, I'm getting the chance to update! I'm here in Disney World, but we've been on a tight schedule. They sure packed a lot into these 2 days. I have to admit, usually when I go away for some blogging event, I really enjoy the time away from my kids. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, LOVE my kids, but I enjoy the time away too. This time, however, I've found myself thinking about them a lot because I know how much fun they had last October when we came here as a family. They've been asking when we're going to go back ever since then. Not that Disney World isn't awesome for adults, but in my opinion, it's just the kind of place that seems a little more magical when you see it through your kids' eyes.

I had a pretty great flight here to Orlando Friday morning. I sat next to a nice woman, Julia and her little boy, Nevan. She was normal (even if she did have Swine Flu masks. Seriously, she had them, but I guess she decided I wasn't too germish because she didn't wear it during the flight.) And the flight attendants, Brian and Joette, were terrific! A few minutes into the flight, Brian told me I was pretty so, naturally, he's my new best friend. Then later, after I shamelessly showed off my book, Joette made an announcement over the intercom that there "was a celebrity who had written a book on board the plane!" LOL! Snort! A "celebrity"! Although I had to laugh, I secretly thought it was pretty cool. I'm pretty sure the other passengers rolled their eyes and accused the flight attendants of drinking, however.

I'm exhausted and have to leave here at 7:00 AM(I KNOW!) because I have a book signing/speaking thing when I get home in the afternoon. Because I need some sleep, I'll share a few pictures from our adventures here and write more about it later. These are from Friday...


Joette & Brian. Isn't he a hottie?


outside my hotel


The pool at my hotel, Disney's Beach Club


towels on my bed


My gorgeous room





view from my room


Epcot yesterday - we had some free time to go on rides and then we had dinner in France.

escargot


trying not to throw up after eating a nasty ole SNAIL!

Illuminations

some bloggers from the UK who we met up with a couple times throughout our stay. They were very nice and fun and said stuff like "brilliant" and "lovely". LOVE their accents! There were also many awesome American bloggers I had the privilege of hanging out with. More pictures to follow...


Spaceship Earth


When I got back to my room, I found this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


and after I went to bed, I noticed Tinker Bell on my mirror...

And this afternoon, I noticed this banner too.
OK, now I'm off to bed so I can figure out how to set my clock. I requested a wake-up call for this morning at 6:30. They called at 7:18. Now, I'm not real mathy, but I'm pretty sure that's well AFTER 6:30.
More to come...

29 comments:

Bethany said...

Jealous of all the Disney goodies!

The Flying Pinto said...

Hey, just found your site. I am up now getting ready for a 7:30am departure to SF. Wow, it's early and I have to get my 2 year old going: ) I can see where you'd miss your kids on this trip! Anyway, I'm a Flight Attendant and just wanted to say it was refreshing to read something "nice" said about a fellow crew member! Usually, on the net all I read is that we are rude or stupid or both: ( So, thanks for sharing...have a great return flight!

Erica said...

Love the British Mummy Bloggers pic, (I'm the wee one).

Totally agree with your point about seeing it through your kids eyes, I was here in 2000 (pre-mummy) and didn't 'get' the whole Magic Kingdom thing, this time it brought goose pimples, thankfully I'm back with my three year old in 6 weeks. Can't wait!

T.M. said...

Do they always put you in a room by yourself with two beds? Doesn't that make you feel lonely when you wake up to a room by yourself and another bed that's empty? You'd think that if they were going to put you up in a hotel room, they'd at least spring for the room with ONE KING-SIZED bed!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I am so jealous of your Disney stuff. I've been there 5 times and I get nothing. My cleaning ladies weren't creative. Next year I'm telling them I'm famous. :) I love Disney. I went on my honeymoon, and now have even more fun with the kiddos. Magical.

Rick said...

You are consistent with your taste in men, because Brain, to me, looks a lot like Joe, Still, I think Joe has him beat hands down. I'll bet Brain can't fix your toilet.

Sue Bohlin said...

It's the details with the Disney goodies, not just the goodies themselves, that produce the "joy jolt." Just like the sweet little details and gifts that appear during a women's retreat. I have had the privilege of speaking at a number of those, and like you, I've started taking pictures of the great things that thoughtful ladies lovingly prepare and allow me to find throughout the weekend. So glad it's your turn, beloved Dawn! (And I loved hearing about the guy on the plane who was reading The Shack. Thanks for telling us that! I'm praying for him to GET IT.)

MaBunny said...

Wow, Never been there and SO want to go! Beautiful pics - looks like you had a fantastic, if not hectic time!

exmoorjane said...

Hi there Dawn, it was great to meet you too. I am still reeling that you manage six kids!!! I struggle with one. I'm the one with the bright shiny red face on the left, btw....
You know, our flight attendants on our Virgin flight from London were just fabulous too....just great people.
I'm not really a 'Disney' person - my son only persuaded me to go because he thought it might convince grumpy old mummy (UK mommy) to bring him next time. Am I convinced yet? Well, I've got the ears......
Great site - I'm going home to totally revamp my blog!
I write books too - but not on mummy stuff - all natural health and wellbeing (so naturally I LOVED the spa at Grand Floridian).
See you soon in the blogosphere.
Janexx

Allison said...

Looks like a lot of fun so far! Based on all the tweets from other bloggy friends there and your blog post, it sounds like a great time. I have to admit I am a bit jealous. My family was just there over Easter and I have been going through Disney withdrawal, so this was a nice little post to give me a great dose of Disney Magic...can't wait to hear more!

H-Mama said...

This makes me think I need to put the family on a strict budget of beans & rice so we can go... haven't been once with my girls. I know. Don't you feel sorry for us? ;) Although, my friend who just returned said that she's convinced Mickey Mouse beat her with his stick... very busy trip. LOL...

So great to find you in blog world. I remember reading your ebay listing. So. Funny. We must keep a sense of humor for sanity's sake, right?

Lisa said...

Wow when I grow up I wanna be just like you to score some really cool Micky Bling that's really neat!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I was jealous that you went to Disney. Then I was REALLY jealous that you stayed at one of the top-tier hotels (heck, the cheap ones are nice enough!).
After I saw all of that swag they gave you, you toddler is wondering why I'm turning green (with envy)!

Nicki said...

Hey, why'd you get all that schwag? I've been to DIsney World twice and they didn't give me anything! But they did fold our bath towels into animal shapes.

Debby said...

Goodness So Much Fun! I haven't been there in 20 years. Way cool. Are you having a good time? And yes Brian is a hottie. Does Joette mind us saying so? Who happens to be a hottie for a girl.

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] said...

Me = totally jealous

That is all.

;)

Stephy said...

Ohh I love the pics looks like you had tons of fun! What great stuff you got! Ew on the Escargots....So what do they taste like?

Stephy

Crystal said...

Nice gifts you got there!

Anonymous said...

Brian is cute. I love all the goodies you got, and I am impressed by your willingness to try the escargot. I am not going to say what I think that looks like. Maybe your next endeavor should be Survivor!!! :)

Have a good week!

Sherry

Elleah said...

Your pictures make me want to go back there! That's some cool stuff you found in your room!

Shellie said...

Sounds like a blast!

Anonymous said...

How fun to come "home" to all that Disney stuff! Wow! We just went on our annual trip to Disneyland. You're right, it's more fun seeing it through a child's eyes!

So I've been out of town and am getting caught up on your blog. I can't believe you took a picture of your flight attendants! Oh, and your pig flu humor is right up my alley!

Also, holy freaky baby doll! What kind of schmancy school does your son go to? Those babies must be expensive!

Anonymous said...

One of my pet peeves: When people trying to spell "Brian" end up writing "Brain"--twice in one comment!

Cheryl said...

Wow! You really got the royal treatment! I love the look of the Disney beach resort, blue being my favorite color. Looks like a fun (and busy) time. Did you feel weird being at Disney without your kids?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh my gosh--did all your kids want ALL THAT GREAT LOOT?!?!

Dulwich Divorcee said...

Hi Dawn, lovely to meet you, I am the UK blogger in the purple top who kept saying 'brilliant'! I live in the place in London, England which has swine flu at the moment! Still amazed that you have six kids and do so much - great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Disney was good to you! I'm going on the 11th and can't wait (going without kids or husband, yay)! Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

allensmommy said...

I will be taking my son there sometime soon. Your pictures solidified that decision. I havent been to Disney World since before EPCOT was built. Matter of fact when I was last there they were in the process of building it then...I was in the fourth grade. I cant wait to go and experience it with my son. He is 8 years old and just got over his fear of big characters in costume. LOL. At least I hope he does anyway...

Oh and by the way...just mho but Brian is probably gay. You can look at him and tell he's a bit too well polished.

Great Blog!

Michelle said...

Yep, he's a hottie. And now I can totally see him exclaiming about how you're pretty :)

And the swag? Man, Dawn -- I hope you shared some with your kids. That is some pretty cool stuff there. I LOVE the Tink. Mostly because I know how much Little Miss loves Tink ;) I need to write me a book and get in on some of these jaunts! Oh wait, I need talent first.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative