Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Always the Comedian

The parenting "experts" recommend parents spend one-on-one time with each of their children every day. It's a great idea, in theory, but here in the real world, that's nothing more than an unattainable goal designed to make parents feel like failures a lofty aspiration. As a single mom to six kiddos, I'm happy if I can find one-on-one time with one or two kids a year!

Today, I took Lexi to get new glasses. She lost hers sometime between the last day of school and the time we moved to Florida because, for some odd reason, she can't manage to keep a pair for more than a couple months. I kept thinking her glasses would surface eventually, but I've since given up all hope of ever finding them.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Dawn, you need all the beach time you can get to relieve the stress of two teen drivers! Good luck and beware the rise in insurance premiums!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit FAQS Photos Video Fun Mom's Time Out Get In Touch

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Pulse Point Design