Thursday, April 29, 2010

How Was School?

I picked Clay up from kindergarten yesterday like I always do. He hopped in the car and I asked him, "How was school, Monkey?"

He gave me his standard answer, "Good!"

Out the corner of my eye, I saw Clay's teacher approaching my car. "You had a good day? Then why is your teacher coming out to the car?"

Clay quickly said, "I dunno. Go! Drive! DRIVE! DRIVE!!!"

Oh yeah, that sounds completely innocent. Like I was going to floor it out of the kiss and drive before his teacher could reach my van. Clay flipped himself over the seat and into the back of my van as his teacher reached my car. "So, he didn't have such a good day, did he?"

"Notsomuch," she replied.

I guess he spent the afternoon running around like a cheetah chasing wildebeests a la National Geographic. Although I don't think he bit anyone's butt or ripped flesh from any classmates, so we've got that going for us.

Honestly, Clayton's been good at school and I haven't had any visits from his teacher in a long time, so I just talked to him and took his video games away for the day. I guess I should be happy that he seems to have gotten over his "If you bug me, I'm going to punch you" M.O. at least.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHAHAHAHAHH what a little stinker! BTW Love the fact that the new book cover is up on the top of the page!!! Can't wait to read it.

mandii said...

At least he seems to be interested in natural wildlife, huh? :)

Cindi said...

My son, who is in kindergarten, was just sent to the principal's office... a girl told him to throw a gummy bear in another girl's hair. If he didn't do it she would tell the teacher. So, he threw the gummy bear, it got stuck in her hair (the mom had to come in to extricate the candy!) and he had to visit the principal!

Kristin of course said...

I agree, if he's not biting off bums, then I can only think the problem must be the cheetah sounds and races. How funny.

I do wish you and your kids would come to Oklahoma City for a visit. I would just love to meet you and your gang. Ooh, better yet, could you get Pioneer Woman to host a fun day on the ranch with you and invite me and my kids as well!

Nina said...

funny. has anyone else noticed that little kids' personal space is much smaller than ours? my son meets kids at the playground and they are practically in each others faces...then the posturing starts and it seems like they are fighting but I think it is just like the animal kingdom with posturing to establish the pecking order.

Julie said...

I am cracking up at the picture of him in the van telling you to drive, DRIVE, DRIVE!!!!

Bookworm said...

Clay was so busted lol Sounds like he's angry, maybe about his dad totally dropping out of his life like he has/ I dunno. Kids act out during a divorce in odd ways. Or then again maybe he was just being Clay. :)

Sunnyworld said...

It does sound a bit like he's acting out, perhaps because of the divorce. It has been almost three years, and my daughter's 6 year old (3 at the time of the divorce) is STILL acting out, and on a fairly regular basis -- perhaps once a week or so. How is it all going with the divorce? Hope it's all settled and done with soon for you, and that you are okay with the judgments, et al. Still not finished with them for my daughter! It all depends on if your ex is a good guy or a slimeball! Since Joe is a good guy, I hope it is going as okay as it can for you.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha -- Good thing you had him trapped in the van before he could get away!! ;o)

Donna in PA :)

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

One day (I know you know this!) you will look back and say, "I used to worry about your behavior but now I know it was just training for (insert profession here)!"

I Love that boy! :) He and Iz would be Trou.ble. together!!

Handyman said...

Boy oh boy Savannah has the same beautiful smile as you. Bet the boys are chasing her. I hope her leg is better and she can play sports again.

Julie H said...

I can just see the teacher's face as you floor it to get away lol

Anonymous said...

Glad my kindergartener isn't the only one getting in trouble! I'm on a first name basis with the principal at my son's school. Ughh. That's very funny that he told you to drive away though!!

Julie in PA

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative