Thursday, April 8, 2010

Afterschool Rocks

I was invited by Quaker Chewy Granola Bars and The Afterschool Alliance to meet Miranda Cosgrove last Thursday. My kids were back in school last week, but I decided to take Lexi out of school for the morning for some one-on-one, mother/daughter bonding time. And, of course, because opportunities like these don't come along every day. I knew she'd love going and would remember it for years to come.

After enlisting the help of some friends, I got everyone up and ready, dropped Brooklyn off at my friend, Gin's house. Had Savannah walk Jackson and Clayton over to my friend, Ellen's house on her way to school. Ellen took the boys to school for me. Then I cruised to the train station, but missed the train I was trying to catch. I didn't have quite enough time even with my friend, Eric's offer to valet park my car on the way to work so I could just hop out and run for the train. It's ok though because we caught the next one and made it downtown with like 45 seconds to spare. And, because we didn't get back home in time, my friend, Doreen picked up Clay from school and kept him for an hour until we got back. Lexi and I thank all our wonderful friends for all their help!!! I'd never be able to handle everything without you guys!

Here's a little video from our day...

5 comments:

The Bertone's said...

That is really cool. I bet that is something that Lexi will remember for a long time to come!

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mom!! Lexi will remember that day for the rest of her life because you took the time to be with her. I wanna be just like you when I grow up!! ;o)

Donna in PA :)

Robin said...

You earned major cool mom points!! I'm sure she'll remember that as one of her favorite childhood memories with you.

Bobbi said...

That is so awesome!!!! I love Miranda Cosgrove!! Me and my kids always watch iCarley. And I am 30! You are an awesome mom Dawn! How sweet to do this for Lexi.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

SO VERY COOL! I love iCarly!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative