You know the best part of election day? The fact that I won't have 20 pounds of political flyers in my mailbox and I won't be getting half a dozen political phones calls every day. Even Clay voted this week. He had a choice between SpongeBob and Scooby Doo. (SpongeBob won.)
Since there's enough election coverage everywhere else and since this isn't a political blog, here's a little something light for you.
Today Clay and Lexi "flew" down the street on a rake. Broomsticks are so yesterday. I wonder what the neighbors think when they see my kids running down the street while "riding" on a rake. I can just see them shaking their heads. "There goes those weird Meehan kids again. Too bad their mom doesn't buy them bikes or skates or normal toys."
I was tagged for this meme quite a while ago and just never got around to doing it. I'm sorry I don't even remember who tagged me. Anyway...
Four jobs I've had -
1. Cocktail waitress at Pheasant Run Resort
2. Receptionist at a distributor of heavy machinery parts
3. My first job was working at K-Mart
4. I was a waitress at probably more than 25 different restaurants
Four movies I could watch over and over -
1. The Princess Bride
2. While You Were Sleeping
3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
4. Ella Enchanted
Four places I've lived -
2. Land of Lincoln
3. See number 1
Although technically I was living when I was in Florida and California the past couple weeks...
Four TV shows I love -
3. Everybody Loves Raymond
4. Ace of Cakes
Four places I've vacationed -
1. This year? As an adult? If it's places I've vacationed at some point during my life, I'll go with the Bahamas
4. Wisconsin... wait scratch that. Wisconsin doesn't count. Ummm, how about California?
Four of my favorite dishes -
1. Lou Malnatis yum!
2. Chicken fried chicken at Cracker Barrel
4. Enchiladas - Unless "dishes" really means dishes in which case I like my Corelle dishes.
Four favorite drinks -
1. Coffee Mate Vanilla Chai Spice creamer with a little coffee
Four sites I visit daily -
1. my blog
2. Facebook (and I'm very angry at everyone who told me to join! Facebook is like crack!)
3. I'm currently weaning myself from my Pogo addiction
4. the bathroom (it didn't specify WEBsites.)
Four places I'd rather be right now -
1. I'm happy being here with my kids
2. Ok, I hear them fighting now. Can I change my answer?
3. someplace warm and sunny with palm trees and ocean breezes
4. in bed
Speaking of, I'm headed there to watch the rest of Wildcats. I've seen enough election coverage to last a good four years.
*****Edited to add - check out my review blog for a VTech giveaway HERE and a Lands' End giveaway HERE.*****