Saturday, May 9, 2015

Legally Blonde on Netflix

Now on Netflix: Legally Blonde! I love Reese Witherspoon and I enjoy this movie, but I think it's especially cool because I met the writer, Kiwi Smith a few years ago when I was in Hollywood for the Glamour Reel Moments movie premiere. 

Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) is Miss Popularity. She's the president of her sorority, dates Warner, the cutest guy on campus, and is loved by all. When her boyfriend leaves to go to Harvard and dumps her because she's too "blonde" to be accepted by his blue blood family, Elle is determined to win him back. She works to be accepted into Harvard law school, then proves to Warner, and more importantly, to herself, that she's more than just some blonde.


Me and Kiwi Smith at Chateau Marmont in Hollywood after the Glamour Reel Moments premiere.
I love movies that demonstrate a girl can be pretty, feminine, sweet and kind to everyone she meets, and still kick a little butt in the intelligence department! I enjoy watching these with my teens girls. It's important to me to teach them to believe in themselves.

What's your favorite Girl Power movie?

#StreamTeam

1 comment:

Jess@drivemecrazyx6.com said...

I love this post- definitely new things to learn about tires. I had a tire on my van- driving around with my 6 children mind you- that when I had it pulled off to change, they showed it to me, and it had a bubble in it with wires showing- just on the brink of blowing out! On the drivers side none-the-less.
Your whole blog is awesome, glad I found it!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative