Monday, July 20, 2009

Almost, But Not Quite, Sunday Sound Out

I started working on my Sunday Sound Out, but started to nod off. My head hit my computer and I ended up writing this answer to someone's question:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhyttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttg

Instead of making you suffer through the indecipherable nonsense I was typing with my forehead, I decided to call it a night and get some sleep. Check back in tomorrow for Sunday, er, um Monday Sound Out.

I'm tired because I spent the weekend driving back and forth to Savannah's softball tournament. I calculated the distance and figured that I drove over 220 miles. I believe I sat on my butt on either the bleachers or in my car for about 18 hours. Clearly, I have reason to be exhausted. You think the girls who played hard for 6 straight games are tired? It's the parents who are tired!

They took second place for the tournament and played really well all weekend. They only lost one game and it was to a full-time travel team. And they lost by a respectable 11-8. I wish I had a picture of Savannah stealing home and sliding across the plate just under the tag, but of course, I didn't have my camera out for that. I guess this action shot of her striking out will have to do.



And now for some much needed sleep. Check back in tomorrow for the sound out. Goodnight all!

3 comments:

Lynn Kellan said...

I'm with you. I don't know why, but driving makes me very tired. Glad your girls took 2nd place - congrats!!

Regina said...

There is nothing more exhausting than sitting doing nothing. Plus, bleachers can make your back hurt the next day too! I am always so exhausted after even a long wait in the doctor's office.
Congratulations to Savannah!

Julie H said...

My daughter did travel ball last summer. It was SO stressful and they hardly even did any tournaments. That alone wore me out!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative