Sunday, February 24, 2013

In Too Deep

Here I am with Michelle in the middle and Mimi
Because of my blog, I've been fortunate enough to meet some really wonderful people. Several years ago I met a woman who is amazingly talented. I said to myself, after reading some of her work, "This woman is going to be published one day." That woman is Michelle Brownlow. She's got a huge, wonderful servant's heart and she's got a real passion for empowering and inspiring teens and young adults. She can not only write, but she's an absolutely incredible artist as well! I'd seen dozens of her illustrations which are all awesome, but when I saw this portrait she drew of her grandfather years ago, I was simply blown away by the scope of her talent.



See what I mean? She's amazing, no?

And I was right about her! She's having her first book published in June and I couldn't be more proud! She revealed the cover of her book, In Too Deep this Friday. Check it out!




Here's the synopsis:

Gracie has just finished her freshman year of college in Memphis when she takes a job at a local pizza joint in her home town of McKenzie, Tennessee. She is the epitome of innocence when she meets Noah. Noah is unabashedly handsome, intriguingly reckless and just cocky enough to be sexy. Gracie’s instincts tell her to stay far away from him and based on the stories she hears from her co-workers he leaves broken hearts in his wake. But still, she can’t explain her fascination with him.


Noah puts aside his bad boy ways when what he thought was a summer crush has him unexpectedly falling in love. But soon after Gracie transfers to UT Knoxville to be with Noah, their unexpected love becomes riddled with anger, deceit and humiliation.

Jake, Noah’s former roommate and Gracie’s best friend, can no longer be a bystander. Gracie’s world falls out from beneath her and when she breaks she turns to Jake for strength. As Jake talks her through a decision she’s not yet strong enough to make, together they uncover a truth so ugly neither of them is prepared for its fallout. Will Jake pull her to the surface or is Gracie Jordan finally In Too Deep?

I cannot wait to read my good friend's book and will be doing a giveaway when it comes out in June. I'll keep you updated!

Want to learn more about Michelle? Check out her Facebook page HERE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks like a very good book. I'll have to keep it in mind.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative