Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm Ready for the Oscars! Are You?


I’m hopelessly out of the loop. The day OF the Super Bowl, I texted my son, “Is the Super Bowl this weekend?”
He answered, “Uhhh yeah.”
“Who’s playing?”
“The Ravens and the 49ers,” he answered.
“The Ravens? Are you sure? I’ve never heard of them. Where are they from?”
“Baltimore,” was his answer.
“That’s the Orioles!”
“Mom, just stop talking.”
Yeah. Out of the loop. I saw all my friends tweeting about the game and the commercials and I felt like a loser because I didn’t know anything about any of it. It was basically the same with the Grammys. But not this time. I am READY for the Oscars® this Sunday! And I’ll let you in on my secret. The official Oscars app! I have to admit it’s a pretty cool app. You can check out the nominees for every category, see pictures, watch trailers, and get information about each nominee.
The last time I went to the movies, my parents had to drive me there and I had a curfew. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I rarely go to the movies and before I downloaded the app, I hadn’t even heard of most of the films that are nominated. With this app, you can even cast your vote and share it on Facebook (bragging about how many you winners you get right is optional).
Sunday night, watch interviews and special features, go backstage, and watch your favorite stars walk the red carpet with over a dozen LIVE backstage and Red Carpet video streams. You can watch the Oscars on TV while getting all the backstage fun and tweeting from your Oscar app at the same time!
Not only that, but get ideas to host your own Oscars night with recipes (I drool a little every time I look at the Easy Brie Bites and the cocktails that are featured). I think I’m going to have to make my own DIY popcorn bar for my family to enjoy on Oscar night. Yum!
Plus, as if that isn’t enough, you can watch like a million videos on Oscar history, past winners, and memorable speeches from over the years. Really, this app does everything but windows. To see more features, check it out here. And to get all the scoop on this year’s Oscars, go to Oscar.com!

A big thanks to Disney for sponsoring this campaign. Click here to see more of the discussion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound like myself! I do catch some gossip and such though, at times, in the checkout line. :) Other than that, I'm lost.

Anonymous said...

I am so far behind I had to go look up when the Oscars are. It seemed more fun than folding my mountain of laundry.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative