Thursday, October 3, 2019

Meet my Neighbors

My kids and I have been living in this little apartment for the past couple years. I don't really know any of my neighbors, but I've picked up a few nuggets about them nonetheless. For example, I know the people who live next to us like to sing songs. In Spanish. Very poorly. Really loudly (seriously, I was able to use Shazam through the walls to learn the name of the song. It was Calma. Catchy tune.) 

I know that the people who live above us are from Jamaica and when they have their door propped open, yummy cooking smells waft down to us. My kids and I have also surmised what their favorite pastimes are. In fact, we've compiled a list of the top ten favorite activities of our upstairs neighbors.

10. Bowling

via GIPHY

9. Jumping rope

via GIPHY

8.  Irish clog dancing with a few of their closest friends

via GIPHY

7.  Leap frog

via GIPHY

6. Sack races

via GIPHY

5. Auditioning for Bring in 'Da Noise, Bring in 'Da Funk.

via GIPHY

4. Shot put

via GIPHY

3. A little home maintenance
via GIPHY

2. Parkour

via GIPHY

1. Reenacting Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball on Hippity Hops.










And meanwhile, I want so badly to do this:

via GIPHY

But my broom broke and the handle is only about 2 feet long now. And I'm afraid if I complain, they'll add loud music to their repertoire so I'll stick to complaining about the herd of water buffalo that live above me on my blog instead.

5 comments:

Janae said...

Dawn, I have followed your blog for years and years--ever since the Pokemon card ebay post. I'm reading a fiction book right now that feels so much like your voice, and I'm laughing out loud while reading it. It's called the Overdue Life of Amy Byler, by Kelly Harms. Would love to know what you think of it. Please keep writing. I'll keep reading. :)

Debbie said...

You can make me laugh no matter how bad things might be going. Thank you!! I really like how many of their favorite pastimes are represented by “Friends” gifs. I just keep singing in my head while remembering apartment living, “Why can’t we be friends; why can’t we be friends?” We own a duplex now. Our neighbors are our friends. The washers and dryers back up to each other. I have yet to ask my neighbor if she is washing and drying work-boots. The thuds that come from their appliances have me concerned.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like we have the same upstairs neighbors! They are especially loud when I'm trying to sleep. Hope it gets better.

Ernie said...

I hate staying in a hotel with loud neighbors who pull all nighters, daily? Yikes- no thanks! And I have complained to hotel staff in the past and only made things worse. 😣 good luck!

Loretta Monroe said...

You just never fail to make me laugh. Way to take a bad situation and use your wit to make it something great... for US. For you, its probably still not so great. But thanks for sharing! 😂

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative