Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What a Dirty, Disgusting River. It's Chocolate!

I should be used to getting up early. I mean, I've been doing it for nearly two months now. That's plenty of time to adjust, right? One would think. But still, I'm exhausted to the point of passing out nearly every night. I can't tell you how many times I've awakened on the couch in the middle of the night, still dressed, makeup smeared across my face, hair plastered to my cheek with drool. I know, I know, I'm totally hot. And every morning, I perform my ritual of blindly flailing my arm around in an attempt to either hit the snooze button, knock the clock off the table, or stop time altogether.

Last night, after helping my kids with their homework we ate the dinner I cooked. Then, I told my kids, "I need you guys to clean up the kitchen because I have work to do." I took my laptop and retired to my room where I could work in peace. At some point, before finishing, I passed out asleep without even checking on my kids to make sure they'd done what they were told. Big mistake. Big. Huge.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Well, at least you were well rested when confronted with the disaster! Hope the clean up is finished and the kids all pitched it!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit FAQS Photos Video Fun Mom's Time Out Get In Touch

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Pulse Point Design