Sunday, September 18, 2011

Separated by a Common Language

I love learning about other cultures. I’m so fortunate to have readers from all over the world and they’ve generously shared post cards, letters, pictures, souvenirs, and other great items and information about their homelands over the years. I think it’s so cool how people in other areas of the world have such different traditions, clothing, housing, ideas, food, etc.. When I was at Target the other day, I took many pictures of some interesting English foods. I think it’s especially strange how a country that speaks the same language, can have such differences. For example, apparently “pudding” does not mean the same thing in the U.K. as it does in the U.S.

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit FAQS Photos Video Fun Mom's Time Out Get In Touch

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Pulse Point Design