Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Sound Out

From Chicago, the city that remembers Valentine's Day as the anniversary of Capone's shooting spree on Bugs Moran (yeah, that's something to be proud of), it's your host Dawn Meehan who is dressing up in a diaper and wings. (Ok, I'm not really. Wouldn't want to scare anyone. Tell you what, how about I post a picture of some of my babies in a diaper and wings instead?)


Any guesses who this is?


How about this one?

I know you have probably posted it before, but I have to know what kind of shoe that is you are wearing in that picture. I love the black rainbow effect and must have them!
They're my Dansko clogs and the color is "petrol". They're the most comfortable shoes I own and they make me tallish so I love them!

Or were you being even more health conscious, and just didn't want it for the fat content? [ordering my chicken sandwich without mayo]
I'm not especially fond of mayonnaise, plus I was following the rule that if you order something without mayo, it magically makes it healthy. It doesn't matter that there's bacon on the sandwich as long as there's no mayo. And, of course, everyone knows you negate the calories and fat in anything by washing it down with a Diet Coke.

That is funny and delicious and culturey. Yesterday when I was making peanut butter, banana, honey, cinnamon sandwiches for me and the kids....
On purpose?

Poor Lexi - did she eat it on her own toast?
Nope, I guess she didn't eat it and I was too tired and half-asleep to even notice that she didn't eat it. She never said anything to me. Silly girl.

Remember, if you're in the Chicagoland area, make sure you leave me a comment HERE to win tickets to a mother/daughter event in Naperville with parenting expert, Rosalind Wiseman. Attendees will receive a gift bag featuring free samples of Dove go fresh deodorant, a one year subscription to Family Circle, and parents will receive Queen Bees & Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World and daughters will receive Rosalind’s debut young adult novel Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials.

And because I didn't have many questions this week, here are a few pictures to fill the space...


My silly birthday kids


Clay's treasure cake (Austin helped to decorate this one!


Brooklyn's Little Mermaid cake

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 1st picture is princess Brooklyn but the 2nd could be almost any if them. I'm guessing Lexi because with Savannah being a teenager, she would " just die" if you posted her baby picture.

Chick Hatchers said...

I'm going to guess that the first angel is Brooklyn and the second is Clay, but I'm not positive about the second.

I'd love to take my almost 10-year old to the thing in Naperville, and I'm probably halfway between you and it, but we have something else at that time, so I'll have to wait for another time. It sounds like a great event and I hope you have fun! A real mom and daughter bonding experience!

mychildsview.blogspot.com

KingerMom said...

You;re so cute. Nice kids too !
Love the blog..

Michelle said...

Aww, happy birthday to the kids! I LOVE those cakes. You really do a great job. If I don't make it to a cake decorating class in the next ummm six months, any chance I can hire you? (I know the answer already - it's rhetorical, don't worry!). You rock as a mom!

ClistyB said...

Brooklyn
Toss up between Clay or Austin

Sandy in Illinois said...

The first angel picture is of Brooklyn. I'm guessing the second one is Lexi but I'm not sure. Could be any of the others. But probably not one of the boys. But who knows?
Awesome cakes as usual.

Hildigunnur said...

I'd say the other way round, first one's Clay, second Brooklyn :) Congrats on the birthdays.

fourkidsandcounting said...

I'm guessing the two little angels are austin and savannah, because after two kids, who has time to take their baby for a Valentine's Day portrait? We're lucky if we even get around to Christmas cards!

MaBunny said...

I know the top cupid baby is Brooklyn - not sure about eh other one - but both are adorable as all get out!
The birthday cakes were really cute too!

Christy said...

Love the cakes! But there must've been enough to feed all of Chicago - the treasure chest cake looks HUGE!

Anonymous said...

The 1st Angel is Brooklyn (She really looks like an angel without the costume tho). The 2nd one is Lexi, I always think she looks very different from the rest of your kids

Corrina

Sarah said...

Cute baby with wings...I agree 1st one is Brooklyn but I haven't any guesses about the 2nd. What is the name on Brooklyn's cake? I know she has a nickname but can't think of what it is? Oata? (and can't remember the story behind that?) :) GREAT looking cakes, too...Brooklyn is of course the one changing at the fastest rate because she was a baby when I first started reading your blog. :) Hope you have a good week. Praying for y'all! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay my guess is Brooklyn and Lex, so what do we win?? LOL

Tiff said...

I have to say the first one's Brooklyn, and the second one is Lexi. Great cakes!

Dayna said...

My guesses on the angel pictures would be Savannah and Brooklyn.

Missi said...

My guesses on the cute angel babies are first Austin then Savannah, but again those are guesses & I'm usually wrong at this stuff :)

becky said...

Brooklyn and Jackson.

Sandy in Illinois said...

I have had second thoughts as to who are in the pictures. The first is Brooklyn but I think the second one is you Dawn. Am I right?

Pam said...

I'm guessing the first pic is Brooklyn and the second is Clayton

Chantel said...

Ok, my guess is the first is Brooklyn, and maybe the second is Clay...honoring the Birthday kids??

kimbalaya said...

RE: the peanut butter, honey, banana and cinnamon sandwich... I would so make that! And yes, on purpose. I'm not the one that originally asked, but that's something we've eaten here for years!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I have a question, usually how long does it take for your family to finish the HUGE cake you made?

Corrina

Holly C. said...

Brooklyn and Lexington. These photos are bea-u-ti-ful

emiliy said...

(Re: And, of course, everyone knows you negate the calories and fat in anything by washing it down with a Diet Coke.)
It is also common knowledge that if someone buys your food for you there are no calories. Free food=calorie free! So the next time you go out with girlfriends, everyone buys someone else at the table their dessert.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the first angel baby is Savannah and the second one is Lexi.

Peg

dhaynes said...

Yep, I'm saying def Brooklyn for the first one and Clay for the second! When are you going to tell us?

Anonymous said...

The first angel is so obviously Brooklyn that it's not funny!

What's Oata?

Mendi said...

The photos are so precious! Did you have angel baby pictures taken of all 6 kids? I vote Brooklyn for #1, #2 is Lexi or Clayton.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative