Monday, February 8, 2010

Pre-Sunday Sound Out

My parents took Brooklyn and Lexington for the weekend. The girls had a great time at Yia Yia and Papa's. My sister and I always loved going to stay with our grandparents when we were little, and I know my little girls created memories that will last forever. But I really, really missed them while they were gone! Another friend took Jackson for the weekend and even brought us dinner 2 nights, and took Clay to a movie too so I could work on my manuscript. Oh my gosh my house was quiet! I mean eerily quiet! Austin and Savannah are teenagers, and therefore sleep half the day. And Clay just wandered around bored without his sisters to play with. Sooo quiet! And unbelievable easy and uneventful with only three kids!
I haven't gotten so much writing done in ages! Thank you, thank you, thank you, guys!!!

I got about 2/3 of the way through my manuscript and am feeling pretty good about what I accomplished. I also wrote a couple articles, and of course did the requisite laundry, cleaning, shopping for school project supplies, and dropping kids at Superbowl parties.
I started writing my Sunday Sound Out, but decided to call it a night when my head hit my keyboard. I now have QWERTY stamped on my forehead. Or, well, I suppose it's YTREWQ actually. Anyway, check back tomorrow, er, um, later today for my sound out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn: Funny comment about the qwerty on the forehead..BUT..what are your plans for that evil jar of Vegemite?..(I mean, before the kids learn that they can really freak you out by spreading a little on the bathroom floor)

Of course, I would be more than happy to provide a good home for the stuff...just sayin'

A Mother's Thoughts said...

It's great that you go tso much accomplished!! We can all use and deserve mommy time!! And though we all miss our kitties when they are gone (because they add that caos to our lives, that we seem so strive for) our minds need that down time too. Me time! You can beat it!!

Lynn

Grandma Shelley said...

Grandma's love to create memories for their grandchildren. Your free time will be long remembered too. Love your blog!

Grandma Shelley
www.grandmaslittlepearls.com

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative