Thursday, February 11, 2010

Girl World Tour

Moms & daughters (ages 8-14) are invited to join Rosalind Wiseman, an internationally-recognized author, mom and expert on teens & parenting for a fun-filled evening of mother-daughter bonding. In addition to celebrating Rosalind’s latest books, the tour will feature an interactive discussion about confidence, friendships, sweat-inducing moments and common mother-daughter challenges. A Q&A session and book signing will follow. The two-hour event is sure to get mothers and daughters talking, laughing and connecting.

Attendees will receive a gift bag featuring free samples of Dove go fresh deodorant, a one year subscription to Family Circle, and parents will receive Queen Bees & Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World and daughters will receive Rosalind’s debut young adult novel Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials.

Girl World Tour
Date: March 2, 2010
Location: Jefferson Junior High School
1525 North Loomis StreetNaperville, IL 60563-1316
Time: 7-9pm
http://rosalindwiseman.com/events/girl-world-tour/

I'll be there with Savannah and Lexington. If you're in the Chicago area, come join us! In fact, leave me a comment here about one of your greatest challenges/sweat inducing moments with your tween, and I'll pick 5 random winners who will each receive a set of mother/daughter tickets to attend this event in Naperville, IL on March 2nd. Good luck!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

As the mom of three girls (ages 11, 10 & 8.5) and 2 who share a room I think I am at my wits end. They each are different with their problems - 11 y.o. shuts down and hides when something upsets her, 10 y.o. can't focus on anything and is constantly in her own little world, 8.5 y.o. is my drama queen - if I raise my voice in the slightest I am yelling at her and she is in tears. I'm surprised that I still have hair....

But seriously I love them all even with their quirks....it's just giving me a glimpse into the near future for when puberty takes that lovely turn for girls! :)

Stephanie said...

I love being a mom, but let's be honest - it's not all fun and games. Several years ago, I sent you a link to this post

http://felkerfamily.blogspot.com/2008_03_25_archive.html#3384636648575506657

about my challenge with my daughter. I'm very happy to say that things have slowed down and she isn't quite as much of a handful. She's a great sister that is helpful. In fact, just a few days ago she really helped her older brother as he was having medical problems. I was so grateful she was with him and came to alert me that he was having a seizure. After two days and testing in the hospital, he's completely fine thankfully. I'm so grateful she was able to alert me of his condition. I would love to reward her (on her birthday weekend) with tickets to this great event.

Thanks for all you do, Dawn! Hang in there. And I'm grateful that you're my cyber friend!

Laura G said...

HI Dawn,
I'm entering the "facts of life" stage w/ my 11 yr old girl. It's a race to get her the appropriate information before HealthWorld comes to school and tells her before I do. She's clueless, and I expect full shock and many "oh gross!" Can't she just learn about if from Judy Blume like my whole 6th grade class did?
And I have a feeling my 8 year old precocious daughter will be right behind in this talk, as #1 does not keep secrets well. This conference could be just the thing for us!
Love the cumin/ sugar story- classic! Cinnamon toast is a fav in our house too, but never tried Lexi's version!

Winona said...

That sounds like something I'd love to do - but my girl is only 3. I'll keep it in mind for several years down the road!

Steff said...

As the mom of 4 girls, I am sure there is info at this conference that I need. I love my girls, but sometimes I wonder if I am up to the task.

Karin said...

That sounds like a very interesting event. I have only one child and she just turned 13. Interesting stage to say the least..:-) A lot of drama and challenges but so far a lot of fun!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative