I'm not planning on staying up until midnight for the first time in, well, for the first time since I can remember. I'm tired and we're leaving early in the morning for Wisconsin. My parents gave the kids a 2 night stay in the Dells for Christmas last year and we're going tomorrow with friends of ours. I'm not sure if the place has WiFi so I may not update for a couple days.
I was going to do a post about New Year's Resolutions, so I pulled up my post from last year to see what resolutions I made then. I didn't keep them so I made a modified list on January 31 of last year. I tend to notsomuch keep my resolutions every year so I'm using reverse psychology this time. That's right. Uh-huh. I'm always thinking. tapping the ole noggin
This year, I've decided to make a fool-proof list of resolutions that I'll be able to keep. Wink wink, I really won't be able to keep them, but that's ok because it's all part of my master plan!
1. I will procrastinate every chance I get. I will put off til tomorrow what I can do today on a regular basis.
2. I will not lose weight. I will be sure to not lose a single ounce this year. I will not start eating healthier and I will not start exercising.
3. I will lose my temper with my kids daily.
4. I will make sure my laundry is piled to the ceiling every day. I won't manage to get the clean folded clothes put into their drawers. I will never be totally caught up with my laundry.
5. I won't get more than 4 hours of sleep a night. I'll make sure I stay up too late every night.
Yep, that should do it. Given my less than stellar record of following through with New Year's Resolutions, I'll never do any of these things. And that's a good thing. You know, because of the whole reverse psychology thing. And, if by chance I keep my resolutions for the first time in my life, at least I can say that I kept my resolutions! It's a winning situation either way! See? I'm way too smart for one person.
Anyway, I want to thank all of you for reading my blog this past year. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to leave me comments here and write me emails. Hearing from you guys really does make my day! :) I hope you all have a totally awesome 2009! Did I just write "totally awesome"? What year is it again??? LOL!
Have a wonderful, prosperous, healthy, happy, blessed 2009!