Saturday, December 13, 2008

Macy's Card Winner

I forgot to post last night about the recipient of the Macy's gift card. I was really touched to read all the comments about what you're doing to embrace the real reason for the season. Many of you mentioned the great charities you support. And several of you talked about doing things as simple as lighting advent candles, reading scripture, or baking Jesus a birthday cake which are all terrific ideas for remembering why we celebrate Christmas.

Here is the comment I chose randomly. They'll receive the $20 Macy's card and an additional $20 for their favorite charity.

AlaneM said...
We read a lot of scripture & talk up how Christmas is about the birth of Jesus, NOT about Santa & getting stuff. We tell the kids how we give each other gifts to honor Jesus birth & celebrate him. We teach the kids about the real St Nick & let them know that Santa is just a man dressed up in a costume like at haloween. But we also tell them to pretend along with the other kids to make sure we don't ruin the magic for anyone else :)I wish we could do Angel Tree &/or Christmas Child but our finances have not allowed for that for several years. I can't wait until next year when I can work & we might be able participate in these again - I have sorely missed it!

Thank you to everyone for leaving your comments! They were heartwarming to read. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found out about this blog that a friend of mine is doing on the hymn, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." She is using the words from the song as a starting off place to "make sure my heart is as ready for Christmas day as the rest of me." There are even discussion points and activities to do with the kids at the end of each reflection. Prepare your own heart for Christmas with a visit to http://myattadvent.blogspot.com/.

Patois42 said...

What a great winner.

MaBunny said...

Oh what a sweet comment that was. Congrats to her for winning the gift card:)

Lorna said...

I just tagged you for a 7 things about you thing. Details are on my blog.

AlaneM said...

OMGosh I'm like tearing up!! I never win anything - I can't believe I won something from my fave blog WOAH!
Thanks Dawn you are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Macy's card winner.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative