Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fun with the Family (and a Little Hippo Poo Too)

My family lives in Chicagoland. My kids and I live in Florida. Needless to say, we don't get the opportunity to see each other very often. This week, my sister and her boys, and my parents have been in Orlando visiting us. I apologize to all my Florida friends because I'm pretty sure they're responsible for bringing Chicago's crappy weather down here this week. Don't worry, as Murphy's Law would have it, it'll be sunny and warm with a 0% chance of rain when they drive home (and we go back to work and school on Monday.)

Despite the weather, my sister and I took the kids who weren’t working to the beach. She and I went to Universal Studios for Mardi Gras one evening. My sister and mom took several of the kids roller skating while my dad and I went car shopping with Austin one day, and all of us but Austin and Savannah who were working, went to Homosassa Springs one day. I remember going to this state park with my sister, parents, and grandparents when I was a little kid many, many years ago. It was really fun to go back with my own kids. The manatees move to the warm springs during the winter months. They’ve pretty much moved back to the oceans now that it’s the end of March, but since it was a cool day, there were a few manatees in the springs that we got to see. There were trails, a boat ride, a tram ride, and many animals to see, but my kids’ favorite part of the day was seeing the hippo poop. There’s probably something wrong with my family.


Here’s a little slideshow I made with the Disney Story app. I love this app! Really, I’m not paid to say this or anything. It’s free, it’s super-simple to use, and it turns out a great little story using the pictures you take on your phone. (And yes, the hippo video is on here. There’s a reason there’s a “Splatter Zone” sign next to the hippo’s habitat!)

CONTINUE READING HERE!


No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative