Sunday, October 28, 2012

It Started with a Rug

I've become obsessed with decorating and it all started with an area rug. I saw this rug at Home Depot and decided it would look nice in my house. I liked the burgandy in this rug and arrived at the conclusion that I must put touches of burgandy throughout my house. The burgandy curtains in my kitchen were not nearly enough, so I got some wine-colored paint.

BEFORE

008 300x200 It Started with a Rug
AFTER

And oooo, if I have wine-colored paint on the walls, then I should probably have a wine theme in my kitchen! How about this lovely picture?

001 200x300 It Started with a Rug

But that’s not enough, oh no! I need some dark green to set of that red wine color. Oooo, and maybe a neutral tan too! I could paint some of the walls tan and put some ivy up here by the wine bottles!  Ooo, ooo, ooo, and lights!  Yes! Little Christmas lights will make this look so cool!

012 300x77 It Started with a Rug

Oh, but I should probably carry over this wine color into my family room too. That will tie it all together.  And it will look nice with my tan curtains against the burgandy wall. Yes!

I’m on a mission and I can’t seem to stop. What started as a nice area rug to add a little color in my house has turned into a never-ending redecorating project! Home Depot has this great article on their website on how to choose flooring for your home. It’s really helpful! Now they just need to add an article on how to stop redecorating. Seriously though, the area rug adds a really nice splash of color in my family room. I was able to inexpensively transform my family room and kitchen (that connects) with an area rug, a gallon of paint, a couple pictures, and a strand of ivy. I love the way these rooms look now! And it all started with a rug.


A big thanks to The Home Depot for sponsoring this campaign. Click here to see more of the discussion.


CONTINUE READING HERE!

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative