Monday, October 1, 2012

Duct Tape Holds my World (or at least my van) Together

When I wrote about Mom MacGyvers, I had a few people ask me about my duct-taped car. Yes, yes, my car really is held together by duct-tape. I think of it as more of a fashion statement than a redneck quick-fix. They make duct tape in all sorts of cool colors and patterns now! Really, I’m not holding the van together; I’m accessorizing! And it’s awesome for those times (all 2 of them) when I’ve walked into a parking lot and have seen an identical giant, maroon, church van. No longer do I have to peer in the windows to see if the van is mine by the number of fries, empty Gatorade bottles, shoes, beach towels, and miscellaneous garbage on the floor. The creative placement of pink duct tape makes it so much easier to ascertain which van is mine!

When I first bought my big ole “church van”, I needed a vehicle that seated 8. My choices were limited to a Suburban or a big ole van. I opted for the van. Now that we’re a family of seven, a whole new world of vehicles would work for us (you know, if I won the lottery or something, or if some guy knocks on my door one day and gives me a new car of my choice just because I’m cute hilarious nice the 15th caller). As you might imagine, this one goes through gas about as fast as I can go through a box of Little Debbie snack cakes. It costs me $100 in gas every week. It’s not exactly fuel efficient, but it gets us from point A to point B and I’m thankful for that.


Would you like a little tour of my van? Sure you would! Trust me, it’ll make you feel better about the condition of your own vehicle!



CONTINUE READING HERE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL great post. Love the pink duct tape :)

Mom Among Chaos said...

Duct tape rocks! Please check out my blog I just started. PS. Your superwoman! How do you manage stress? http://momamongchaos.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

love this! I use duct tape for many things too. :) www.modernmommiesinmiami.blogspot.com

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative