Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Sound Out

From Chicago, the city that gets snow in October, after having only 2 days of summer and a terribly cold spring and a horrific winter (not that I'm bitter or anything), it's Sunday Sound Out starring the woman who just spent 4 hours dragging winter clothes down from the attic, Dawn Meehan.

First, the 3 winners of the Vapur water bottles are...

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
95
402
151


Caroline from Memphis said...
These look awesome! I would use this in my child's back pack. (of course if I win, I'd have to buy a couple more--but that's ok) Our local schools have "closed" the water fountains due to the swine flu, so the kids have to take water bottles to school daily. These look really neat!
October 6, 2009 8:26 AM

Michelle said...
WOW, looks great! I have 5 kids and we are always on the go and go through a lot of bottled water. I'd love to give this a try instead.
October 8, 2009 8:11 PM
402

Jen said...
These are perfect! I have to keep myself hydrated all the time, and so these bottles would definitely save us time and money. I can take it with me wherever I go and fill up when needed which would be often. Wonderful!! :D GO VAPUR!
October 6, 2009 10:04 AM

I actually have a question. I noticed you have a facebook badge on your blog, and that you haven't kept the identities of your children private (on my blog I use nicknames instead of their real names, but my facebook page uses their real names). Have you had any kind of negative feedback by using their real names? Not from critics, but in the form of strangers approaching your children and calling them by name?
All I can say is good luck to any strangers who come across my kids! Actually, I think it's important to talk to your kids (whether you have a blog or not) about strangers and being safe both online and in the real world. Your kids should know that if a stranger comes up to them, even if they know your child's name and/or other information about them, they're still a stranger and your child shouldn't interact with them.

Is he [Austin] in the right classes yet? I am wondering if he is bored?
Yep, Austin's in the correct classes now. I don't think he's bored; quite the contrary, in fact. I think he's being challenged for the first time and since it isn't coming automatically and easily, he's just throwing in the towel and saying it's stupid and he's not going to do his work. I have these nightmares that he's going to be on the 5 year plan for high school.

I don't know if you have it there or not, but here in Texas we have a website that we can go to that tells us EXACTLY how our kids are doing. It shows grades for all papers thay have turned in, and if they are missing any papers from the teachers...i find i have trouble keeping up with my three kids so i can't imagine keeping up with six. I hope you have this there and it helps you out.
We do have a website where I can find out his current grade in any given class, however, it doesn't show specifics as to what grades he's gotten on what assignments, what assignments are due and when, what assignments are missing, etc.

Does Austin mind you posting his grades online? I know I wouldn't let my mom do that.
Austin doesn't seem to care much about his grades at all, or they wouldn't be so low to begin with. And I always let my older kids read my drafts and give their ok before I post them. I would never post anything that they didn't want me to.

Just to let you know, we have those [sign] all over around here. It means it is an entrance and you shouldn't exit from it. Therefore, you must be in the parking lot already. Does that make sense?
Some people just have to take the funny out of everything. ;)

Clay has so much energy have you ever thought of enrolling him in gymnastics?
No, I hadn't thought about it, but that's not a bad idea. Or maybe I can just take all the furniture out of his room and put in one of those moon bounce things instead.

Is the girl who said "He's weird" in the vid Lexi? She doesn't look like Lexi
She's my "other 8 year old", a.k.a. Lexi's best friend.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much to Sandy M., Pam A., my mom & dad, Virginia R., Robin K., LuAnn C., and Nancy A. for your generous donations to Church World Service's Crop Walk. It's not too late for you to donate to the cause. I walk next Sunday, the 18th. Just click HERE.

Founded in 1946, Church World Service is a cooperative ministry of 35 Protestant, Orthodox, and Anglican denominations, providing sustainable self-help and development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance in some 80 countries.
Within the United States, Church World Service assists communities in responding to local hunger and disasters, resettles refugees, promotes fair national and international policies, provides educational resources, and offers opportunities to join a people-to-people network of local and global caring through participation in CROP Hunger Walks, the Tools & Blankets Program, and the CWS Kits Program.
For more information please visit the Church World Service website.
... let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action. - I John 3:18

6 comments:

noexcuses said...

We have a program called "Infinite Campus" which shows our child's schedule, attendance, health history, reports (progress and report cards) and assignments for past, present and future. If anyone wants info, just contact our school district at www.rockwood.k12.mo.us.

Michelle said...

I won I won! Now I can't say I've never won anything! But, what do I do now?? I'm talking about the Vapur water bottle by the way! How do I send you my info without giving it out to everyone else? thanks! Michelle

Amy Flippin Blankenship said...

YAY..Lexi cheers for a team with the same colors as *our* college team (University of Ga). :) GO DAWGS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lexi looks really beautiful in cheerleading uniform!! How's she doing? Any vid of her doing the stunts?!

Jen said...

Wow, I was picked for a VAPUR! Woot! :D I wanted to let you know that I sent you an email through this blog with my info. Oh, and GO LEXI! :D

Sarah said...

WOW--that pic of Lexi and her friend is SOOOO cute! :) I am jealous of your snow (I'm from OH/MI) and people here in TX actually wake their children up in the middle of the night to see it (since it will be gone by morning!), so if you can figure out a way to send it down here, we'll take it...COD :)

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative