I took a shower. Just kidding. I mean, I'm not kidding about taking a shower. I really did shower this year. I'm just kidding about using that as my answer.
Ummm, I did a lot of things! I walked the red carpet in L.A., I took all my kids to Disney World, I wrote a book, I saw Oprah with Mimi and Michelle, I went to New York, I stayed up way too late most nights - oops, that's not really different than any other year.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Sure, sure I did. OK, well I kept them for like 4 hours. That's gotta count for something. And of course, I’ll make some new ones next year. A girl needs goals she’ll never live up to, right?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ha, this would be fun if you were a labor and delivery nurse or a midwife or OB. OK, ok, my sil gave birth to my little niece.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might jinx things.
5. What countries did you visit?
Let's see, there was Mexico, China, Norway, Germany, Italy, America, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. Yes, I know they were all in Epcot. I think it should still count. No? Well, I watched the Olympics. That's gotta count for something.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
I should probably have some great, profound moments that are indelibly written on my brain, but alas I'm bad with dates. Probably because dates include numbers and we all know how well I do with math.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I sold 2 books. Eeee!
9. What was your biggest failure?
The diet. I still weigh about as much as a Sumatran Rhino.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thankfully, everyone is healthy!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Dansko clogs. Or toilet paper. One of those two.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
"Behaviour"? Oooo, where did this meme originate? Not in this country.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I was going to write, "my kids", but I realized there was far worse behavior out there. Like stupid Blagojevich.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Have I mentioned that I touched Matthew Perry?
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
I don't listen to music too much. I may be the only person in the country who doesn't own an MP3 player. I really don't know, but I'll tell you what song reminds me of 1985!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
happier, richer, the same stupid weight.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
play with the littles
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
time spent on my computer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Party at Dawn's house - relatives, food, presents, and chaos abound!
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My awesome friend, Sue! Or the automated voice hell at AT&T.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I don't think so.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
A dozen. Kidding! Just kidding! What kind of crazy question is that? How many people do you think answer it truthfully?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Do reruns count? If so, it's a toss-up between Seinfeld and Friends.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived twelve little girls in two straight lines....
Clearly I don't have time for much reading.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
"Musical discovery"? Like the time I discovered the lost symphony of Beethoven buried beneath that old church in Germany? What the heck is a musical discovery? Are they asking if I'm responsible for discovering any major talent?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
pink gel pens
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
The only films I saw in the theater were Indiana Jones and Space Chimps and they were definitely not favorites. I can't even remember any movies that came out this year! We recently rented that new Batman one. I only watched it because Heath Leger was in it, but he looked all freaky-like, so I stopped watching after the first 4 1/2 hours. I saw Get Smart on the plane and liked it. Oh yeah, and I saw Sex and the City and really liked that one too! Oooo, oooo, and I saw Fireproof which was also really good.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
For real? That was back in March! I don't remember anything that happened in March!
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't say.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I'm pretty sure you can't use the word "fashion" to describe jeans, t-shirts, and clogs.
34. What kept you sane?
ROFL! Oh that's a good one! Me, sane! Hee hee hee!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Which celebrity did I "fancy"? Seriously, from where did this meme originate?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't know that it "stirred" me, but I'd have to say the election.
37. Who did you miss?
My friend Erica
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a TON of people this past year! I can't pick just one.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't put your cell phone next to your hotel key.
The chicken crossed the road because a bat farted on it.
Lying is bad because you could be hung over a pit of lava.
A disturbing amount of people land on my blog after googling "bat poop".
95% of people have no clue how to use Google.
If your kids say they're going to play Indiana Jones, make sure your health insurance is in order.
Don't buy Happy Birthday signs at the dollar store.
The smallest dog in history was a tiny Yorkie from Blackburn, England. At 2 yrs old, he was 2" tall and 3" long. He weighed 4 ounces!
Do not let Brooklyn pour parmesan cheese on her spaghetti by herself.
When a toddler sticks a Tic Tac up their nose, just plug the other side and have them blow.
When Clayton says he feels like throwing up, listen to him!
Brooklyn can indeed, live on ketchup and chocolate syrup for a week.
Wombats are hilariously funny.
99% of the world's population has (or has had) plantar fasciitis.
13 year old boys need to be reminded to wear shoes when they go to church.
Dry ice should be kept out of the hands of children AND husbands.
I'm not cool enough to eat lunch with my kids at school.
Mammograms aren't really all that bad.
If you need to renew your license, plan on spending at least 4
No one knows what Uniqua is.
It's not a good idea to step on those little blue "balloons" that wash up on the beach of Padre Island.
Eggs should never be put in the microwave for 55 minutes and 55 seconds.
If you're going to steal your brother's video camera, don't turn it on and tape the crime scene.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight." Quick, who said this on what sitcom?