Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Driving Safely on Cooper Tires

Recently I had the opportunity to visit the Cooper Tire and Vehicle Testing Center (CTVTC) in Texas. While I was there, I got to drive SUVs that were identical in every way except their tires. One was equipped with Cooper SRX tires, the other had a set of the leading, comparable, competitor's tires. I drove three laps in each vehicle on Cooper's wet pad. (Driving on the wet surface, enables one to get a good idea of tire performance at lower, safer speeds than would be required on a dry surface.)

Several bloggers took turns driving before I had the chance to test the tires. As they completed their laps, they got out of the vehicle, exclaiming what a difference they felt between the two sets of tires. Ever skeptical, I didn't buy it. I didn't think there would be any discernible difference. I mean, they're tires! Comparable tires! How different could they be, right? I expressed my skepticism to one of the guys from Cooper. "I don't think I'll be able to tell a difference," I stated confidently. "No offense, but they're tires! Tires are tires, right?"

"Just give it a try. It's a safe closed track, so remember to really push the vehicles," he encouraged me. 

So I did.

 

Seeing (or driving) is believing. The Cooper SRX tires way outperformed the competitor's tires, and when you discover that Cooper tires are more affordable than brands like Goodyear, Michelin, Bridgestone, etc., it's a no-brainer. 

I never really thought much about tires until I visited the CTVTC. Honestly, they're just tires so who cares? But after experiencing the difference in tires firsthand, it has made me rethink things. Like most of you, I haul the most precious cargo ever - my kids. Skidding all over the place on a closed track is one thing; I wouldn't want to skid into oncoming traffic on the highway, however. And I have teens who, although they're good drivers, are inexperienced drivers. I don't want them driving on tires that aren't going to keep them safe.

Unfortunately, tires are one of those things that you have to buy blind, and oftentimes you need to purchase tires on an emergency basis - your tire goes flat and you need a new one pronto. You can't go to a tire dealer and say, "Hey, will you put these Cooper tires on my car and I'll test drive them for a week and let you know if I want to keep them, okay?" It just doesn't work that way. Cooper understands this and offers a 45-Day Road Test Warranty which lets you try out the tires and if you aren't satisfied, you may return them to your original dealer within 45 days of purchase for a FREE OF CHARGE Cooper brand replacement, including mounting and balancing.

The next time your vehicle needs tires, I urge you to check out the Cooper SRX or CS5 tires. I really believe that, like me, you'll be pleasantly surprised! 

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative