Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Sound Out

From New Arctica (formerly Chicago), it's your host, the woman who can't understand why there's never any chocolate in her house, Dawn Damalas Meehan!

Do you know how many books you have sold?
I have no clue. More than five, but less than enough to land me on Oprah.


*sobs* who was it who said that the English and Americans are only separated by a common language?!!I read your blog - I usually enjoy your blog immensely BUT then you go and use another 'foreign' word!MOSTACCOLI ????
Seriously? Mostaccoli is a foreign word? Weird. It's just pasta. I thought everyone knew what mostaccoli was. Interesting.

do you have another bathroom you can use??
Yeah, I've been sending the kids through the doggy dog in my neighbor's house while he's at work.

Is that picture back from the blizzard when we were in 3rd grade?
Yep! I'm the cute one in blue. ;)

Call a pizza and Chinese restaurant for delivery and bet who makes it first (or just laugh while you all stay warm and toasty and have hot food delivered to your snow-obscured door).
One night, last year, the kids couldn't decide between pizza and Chinese and I did just that. The Chinese food arrived first. The pizza guy showed up while I was paying for the Chinese food. They looked at each other, then looked at me. The Chinese guy looked sad. I wanted to apologize for cheating on him. The pizza guy looked at me like I was a glutunous pig. I just shrugged my shoulders, indicated the six kids running around the house like hyenas and said, "They like to eat. Every day. Hey, you know of anyone who will deliver donuts?"

The funny thing is, Dawn, that you sound like you COULD be a homeschooling mom with all your ideas! I am a homeschooling mom and I don't have that many!
Sure, I like hanging out with my kids. You know, at least most of the time. But my math skills top out at the fourth grade level. So, no way.

question? do the boys watch the fashion show? I have 5 boys and 1 girl and I don't think I could get my boys to watch unless I duct taped them to the couch.
Are you kidding? The boys participated in the show. Here's a picture of Austin dressed up to look like Brooklyn...



You should become a motivational speaker.
Okay. As long as I don't have to live in a van down by the river

7 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE that pic of Brooklyn at the end! She's getting so grown up and is beautiful, just like her Mama! :)

V1nce said...

I mostaccolied once but I got in trouble and never got the nerve to do it again so I macaronied instead.

Jennifer said...

Mostaccoli, no idea what that is either Dawn :-). I'm from out in NE so maybe it's a regional thing?

Kris Roach said...

I was thinking it was an Italiano dish! No? I think I have made it and called it baked Ziti, because I am not fancy with pasta names....but I am sure it was delicioso!! Since you are a Greek girl, I am thinking you are probably a REALLY good cook, because I stereo type like that....but to me, that would be the best part of a Greek family...the food!!!

GildaGirl said...

oh Dawn, Love how you make me laugh!

The response to the last question made Crack Up!! How DO you remember all that stuff!?!

& Yes, I'm also surprised at the number of people that never heard of mostaccoli ...
And Brooklyn just keeps getting cuter & cuter

Mystii said...

You are truly awesome and funny! I love the SSO because I can never predict what might be a topic. Oh, sending the kids through your neighbor's doggy dog had to be fun (no, I did not take that seriously but it was funny). Oh and the picture of Austin dressed up as Brooklyn is just inspired LMAO!

I wanted to revisit the "sucks to be you" comment. I first heard it in the Robin Williams movie Bicentennial Man. Out of all the funny things in the movie, that was the one comment my son picked up on and I got to the point that I had to tell him to stop. Not such a funny comment when your kid says it all the time and mine did! I hope yours doesn't (was it Jackson?)

Keep up the great work Dawn and please, don't let the crap get you down. You're too good for that. ♥

Unknown said...

Van down by the river...

classic. :)

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative