Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blog Post

Thanks for the reminders! I totally forgot to pick a winner for the Bugsby reading system! I'm so sorry. Here's the winner of the Bugsby reading system -

TaraB said...
Hello!

I would love this for my 2 children (4&6). We have been back and forth trying to decide which one to get. My 4 year old spent half an hour playiing eith this in the store and I can't usually even get him to sit through a 5 minute story book!

Congratulations and thank you so much for your patience! Please email me at mom2my6pack@aol.com so I can get this out to you before Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And please take a minute to send a holiday ecard to your friends by clicking HERE. For every ecard sent, Kraft will donate 10 meals to Feeding America!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to a book launch event Thursday night at the Comedy Sportz Theater in Chicago. It was a fun night for everyone! I ended up having to bring 4 of my kids and even though they were bored to tears a little less than enthusiastic, they were awesome. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Dominick's had donated all these trays of food and bottles of sparkling lemonade. Brooklyn ate like 4 pounds of shrimp and they must have put away at least 16 gallons of lemonade. It was a great night and I was so happy to be included among such fun (and funny) ladies!


Sara from SelfMadeMom, Beth from RoleMommy, Vanessa from ChefDruck, and me


Beth Rosen, Sara Fisher, Marcia Hansen, Nancy Loo, Beth Feldman, Vanessa Druckman, me, and Miss Lori

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then, on Saturday, I was at a book signing for Pearl Girls. This book was put together by a dear, sweet, wonderful woman, Margaret McSweeney (who, I'm pretty sure, knows everyone on earth!) and features inspirational essay from 66 women! All the proceeds from this book are going to help two organizations: Wings and Hands of Hope.


Brooklyn found an interesting place to sit. Then she spilled a full cup of hot chocolate on the floor, but somehow we managed to not get kicked out.

Need quick, easy, inexpensive holiday gift ideas? Here are 3 great books (if I do say so myself)! Because I Said So, Pearl Girls & See Mom Run!

You can click my book page HERE to order the first two from your favorite bookseller. You can click HERE to get See Mom Run.

3 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

I love love love that brooklyn is next to the playboy book. :) tee hee....kids are too funny!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Sorry to have missed last Thursday's event. Turned out Luke got REALLY sick anyway.

Brooklyn looks ADORABLE posing on those books.

Prayers and thoughts for your friend---

All my love to you --
Steph

Sandie lee said...

Ahhh...a girl after my own heart - I'd LOVE to sit on a big pile of new books (but somehow, I don't think it would be so cute if I did it:)

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative