Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Recipe for Joy

I don't know what it's like to live on the streets and get your meals from a garbage can. I don't know what it's like to wait in line at a soup kitchen for some nourishment. But I do know what it's like when money's tight and you have to borrow $5 from your kids to buy milk and bread to hold you over until your next paycheck. And picturing people who don't have enough to eat is always just a little harder this time of year.

Kraft is running the “Recipe for Joy” E-Card Contest where bloggers have a chance to receive a $1,000 donation to their local Feeding America food bank in their name! Kraft Foods has teamed up with Feeding America to donate up to one million meals to needy families this holiday season. For every free e-card sent, Kraft Foods will donate 10 meals to Feeding America*. How cool is that, right?

So, here's the deal. I'm competing against a dozen other bloggers and I like to win. I may possibly be a little obsessed about winning. I want to beat all the other bloggers and win $1000 donated to my local Feeding America food bank! But I need your help. Don't worry, there's something in it for you.

First, it's super-easy. You don't have to cook or shop or volunteer at the food bank. All you have to do is go
HERE and send a FREE holiday greetings e-card to your friends and family and coworkers and people you knew in high school, and fellow church members, and heck, send one to your whole address book!

Your friends and family will get a nice personalized greeting from you. There's even a button they can click to get some yummy holiday recipes like chocolate-vanilla swirl cheesecake! Mmmmm! PLUS, for every e-card sent, Kraft will donate 10 meals (up to one million meals) so you can feel very good about doing a small thing to help out in a big way.

Now this contest started the 23rd, so I'm already a week behind the other bloggers, and it runs through December 31. So get clicking! Go
HERE to send your free e-cards now!

* Feeding America directly supports 205 member food banks. Kraft Foods is a long standing partner of Feeding America. Over the last 25 years, Kraft Foods has contributed $770 million in funding and food to support Feeding America and other hunger relief initiatives worldwide. By partnering with organizations, such as Feeding America, Kraft Foods provides much-needed food to hungry people throughout the United States. For more information about Feeding America, log on to
http://www.feedingamerica.org/. Meals are used for illustrative purposes only. Kraft Foods has set a goal of donating the monetary equivalent of 10 meals for each e-card sent, up to a cap of one million meals. Feeding America's meal conversion is effective until June 30, 2010.

I have not received any compensation for this post.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,

Maybe I'm missing something. I tried over and over to do this and it kept saying there was an error. I put in all my email addresses separated by comma as it said to do (didn't mention space) and it wouldn't go through. It wouldn't let you go over your character count so it couldn't be that. I really didn't want to do one at a time if I could avoid it just because of volume (but will if I have to). Anyone else have problems?

Blended said...

i missing the part where you are in a contest....how do they know we did it cause of you?

E said...

I'm also unable to send the cards.

Unknown said...

Dawn: I am truly impressed..what a grand and glorious idea. And..I sure do hope your e-family (us!) come through and send in loads of card requests.

To the first poster who was having trouble getting her emails to SEND..do NOT put a space between names..Just the comma and keep on typing.

Dawn said...

I've had a couple people email me to say they were having trouble sending the greetings, so I went back and tried to send some more. Mine all went through with no problems, so I'm not sure why some people aren't able to send them. :(

And Kraft knows it's my readers sending the greetings because each blogger has a unique URL. As long as you click the link I provided in my blog post, my Facebook page, or my Twitter, your greetings will count for me. :)

Anonymous said...

I was the first poster in comments here and found the problem. I did everything right the first time except I had one email address it didn't like for some reason. It's valid but wouldn't accept it. When I went back and did a couple at a time they took but through process of elimination it was that one address. It STARTED with numbers versus letters. So this is FYI for the others who might be having the same problem. It is such a worthy cause so I wanted to share.

Anonymous said...

I posted it on my facebook which should generate at least a few hundred. Good luck.

Chantelle Renee

Unknown said...

I was sending them and everything seemed to go out ok.
I sent one to myself and it came in fine but it didn't show on there what I wrote in the message box. I stopped sending them but this is a wonderful idea and I will keep trying.....

Donna - NE Indiana

Momfever said...

I'm a borrower too, and I've been known to 'steal' from my kids in emergencies. But I always leave an IOU.

Unknown said...

Good luck on the contest, I'm rooting for you too!

~Kat~
@katluvsshoes
SHOP.COM's Beauty Gift Picks under $30 http://www.shop.com/christmas+beauty+gifts-e.xhtml

B said...

I will keep trying! Wonderful to do this. Hey, I was wondering who won the Bugsby book? Or did you announce a winner already? :)

Belinda said...

10 Sent out by me. Nothing like leading by example to keep your kids level headed.

I'm sending all the new mums I know to your blog. You're a one woman support crew. Your kids do the weirdest things (I mean that in a loving way) and your reactions to their antics are enough to make me laugh so hard I cry.
Laughter is the best medicine so I guess we should call you Doctor Dawn from now on.
*Big Hugs*
Be good
Belinda in Brisbane Australia

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative