Friday, October 27, 2023

The Great Chicken Wars (Part XIV)

I really never want to leave my office, but alas someone has to be there for The National Geographic special on hyenas eating wildebeest lunch duty, and I've been voluntold to do it. And every time I leave, I come back to a little surprise. Like this:

This cup is a replica of the ones Kelly gave everyone who came to her America's Got Talent party on The Office, so of course, it's awesome and hilarious that Phoebe gave it to me. But seriously, when did she take this picture of me? And what's with my hair? And why do I look like I have no teeth?? What face is that? Do I make this face all the time? Is this just my regular face? Seriously, why does it look like I'm missing my dentures???

And who could forget this gem? Again, this references Pam's (from The Office) speech upon winning a Dundie for the whitest sneakers. "I feel God in this Chili's tonight."


Then there was the time that I came back and saw this fun post-it note on my desk. It wasn't just the post-it though, oh no. Phoebe also changed my Pandora station to mariachi radio. Olé!



And then there was the llama piñata extravaganza.


After I covered her desk in llama piñata wrapping paper, she painstakingly cut out dozens of llama piñatas and taped them all over my desk. And Rachel's desk. Some of us took it better than others. I believe Rachel's comment was, "I just can't with you two."

"You TWO???" I asked, indignantly. "I had nothing to do with this!"

"How'd she get the wrapping paper, hmmm?"

"Oh. That. Well, um . . " I trailed off.


There was the time she filled Dan's office with balloons. He was less than amused, but honestly I have no sympathy for him on that count after he put the snake under Phoebe's desk.



And there was this picture that took me MONTHS to notice . . .

I suppose, if I'm totally honest, I may have done a couple things back to Phoebe . . .



This picture is another reference to The Office.


And there was the time I tried to get her to join a 12-step program for chicken addicts . . .


Sadly, the school-year is nearing the end and Phoebe is moving on to bigger and better things. I doubt the new SRO will share my sense of humor. I have a feeling school is going to be a lot less fun next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Voluntold might be my new favorite word !!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative