Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Year in Pictures

For the past couple weeks I've been looking back over the year, trying to remember all the things that happened. Unfortunately, I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday, let alone what happened months ago. Thankfully, I post pictures and updates on Facebook frequently so I was able to look back and recall some of the things that happened this year. Whatever would we do without Facebook, right? So instead of writing a boring year-end wrap-up, I'm going to share my year in pictures. Believe me, there are some, ah "interesting" pictures. I hope you enjoy!

JANUARY

We sailed with Vikings and did your basic pilaging and plundering.

JANUARY
We didn't travel to the moon, but I did finally learn how to use my camera to take pictures of the moon. It's almost the same thing.

FEBRUARY
We hung with celebrities like Mr. Potato Head. It's a glamorous life.

FEBRUARY
Apparently, we're still learning how to eat. It's a work in progress.

 MARCH
We invented a new game called Rubber Chicken Baseball. Give it a year or two and it'll be all the rage.

APRIL
We found a new use for malted milk balls on Easter. Lipstick! What can I say, my kids are um, creative.

APRIL
Austin donated blood for the first time. (I only make half a dozen vampire jokes.)

 APRIL
An apocalyptic plague of frogs invaded my bathroom. And, as usual, my kids had nothing to do with this.

MAY
I lost enough weight that my shorts got big. Of course, I gained it all back over the past few months . . .

MAY
We spent a LOT of time at the beach. (Anything to avoid work, right?)

MAY
We experimented with different kinds of facial jewelry. What, you've never seen anyone wear a lizard on their face?

JUNE
We held the spare tire Olympics. The games consisted of throwing a tire like a discus,playing horseshoes with the tire, and rolling each other in the tire down the driveway into oncoming traffic. Surprisingly, no one went to the ER over this one.

JUNE
Brooklyn graduated from kindergarten. And promptly began crying that she'd have to go the whole summer without doing any homework. I have no idea whose kid she is.

JUNE
Clay and Jax had fun with poop at The Museum of Science and Industry. So basically it was like any other day in the lives of these guys.

JUNE
We went out on The Ledge of the Sears Tower while visiting friends in Chicago. No one threw up. Well, my teens almost threw up, but they say it was because of my shirt since they're fans of "that other team."

JUNE
We spent time in Chicagoland with our friends and family. We didn't want to leave. (Does anyone else hear the beginning of Married with Children when they see Buckingham Fountain?)

JULY
I had the honor of attending a brunch with my agent, my friend Kelli, and other amazing Books and Such authors. (This is the most action I've seen in years!)

JULY
We moved into cardboard boxes because - why not?

JULY
After developing numerous blood clots in my leg, and one in my lung, I justified going to the pool everyday by calling it "therapy."

AUGUST
I found this guy in my garage. I screamed. A lot. He's no longer among the living.

AUGUST
My daughter got her driver's license which comes in handy when I have a chocolate craving and don't feel like driving to the store.

AUGUST
There's no reason for this picture other than it's pretty. Before we all headed back to school, we took a walk by the lake and enjoyed the evening and beautiful sunset.

SEPTEMBER
Savannah was inducted in the National Honor Society.

SEPTEMBER
I went to Jackson's first jazz band concert. It was cool. They played jazz.

OCTOBER
I was mistaken for a mental patient when I went to a doctor's appointment on my way to work while dressed like a crazy person for "Wacky Tacky Day."

OCTOBER
I cheered Lexi and her team on at an allllll day cheer competition. (Lexi's the one defying gravity here.)

OCTOBER
Austin finally abandoned his plan of being a hobo after graduation and is now opting to attend culinary school.

NOVEMBER
Savannah finished up her swim season at the district meet.

NOVEMBER
Instead of having a big family dinner for Thanksgiving, we took a little trip to see the manatees.

DECEMBER
Savannah did a little volunteer service for S.T.A.R.S. before Christmas.

DECEMBER
I got to listen to Lexi's first band concert. You know what a beginning band plays? Hot Cross Buns. And a dozen other songs that all sound eerily like Hot Cross Buns. Yep, that's all.

DECEMBER
And we wound up the year together, mostly healthy, and happy. We're blessed with friends and family and deliciously amazing Florida winter weather. You can't ask for more than that. :)

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative