Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Why I'm Perfectly Happy Being a Bitter Old Cat Lady

I used to use the words “laid-back” and “easy-going” to describe myself. I honestly thought those were fitting terms. And, I guess, in some respects they are. I’m fairly relaxed when it comes to my kids. However, I’m discovering that in other areas of my life, I’m not only not laid-back, but I’m an absolute control freak.

I cancelled my membership to the online dating world and have decided that I’m really not interested in getting involved with anyone. I’ve been on my own long enough that I have a set way of doing things and have no desire to change that or implement the compromises necessary to make a relationship work. Even before my divorce, my ex was never around so I did most things on my own. In other words, I’ve been doing my own thing for a LOT of years. I’m pretty happy with my kids. I really don’t need anyone else in my life.

I’ve decided that I’m far too difficult to ever have a relationship with another human. In fact, I’ve already put in an order at the pet adoption place for a cat. My cat and I will be very happy, mainly because my cat won’t pee on the toilet seat or fold the laundry the wrong way. Yep, that’s the plan. The Cat Plan. It may include multiple cats. Then I’ll call it The Cats Plan. Yes!



CONTINUE READING HERE!

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative