From Chicago, which is exactly 7 hours and 37 minutes away from Nashville, it's your host, the woman who drank WAY too much caffeine today and couldn't sit still if her life depended on it, Dawn Meehan!
Some fabulous bloggers and I are participating in Do Good Day with 77 Kids by American Eagle on the 14th. We're all bringing our kids and going to a local Ronald McDonald house to cook lunch for the families staying there. On the way home, the kids and I are going to be making stops here and there to pass out $77 dollars and do random acts of kindness for people. I encourage all of you to get involved on the 14th too! Blog about the cool, pay-it-forward things you and your kids do and let me know so I can link to it here!
And now, answers to this week's burning questions.
You don't have to have a camper to go camping! Don't you have tents and sleeping bags??
Yeah, I'm gonna go out and buy a tent and sleeping bags. NOT! I didn't even like camping in an air-conditioned camper with a bathtub, a microwave, and actual beds.
What's lower than dork? You now, just so I know how far I have to fall.
I asked Savannah, "What's lower than a dork?" She said, "Austin." Ahhh, sibling love.
My daughter bought those kind of shoes too and I tried them on but felt like I was going to tip over.LOL. Do yours feel like that too ?
Only when I've had a couple cocktails before my walk.
Umm, you did read that you should only wear them [Shape-Up shoes] a couple of hours a day until you get used to them right? You will be SORE if you dont.
I don't read instructions. That's cheating.
We the People would like before and after shots of your derriere. :) Actually I just wanted to see how brave you are....brave enough to post pics of your butt?!?! LOL!
Heck no! But it has nothing to do with bravery. I just don't want to lose my entire readership in one fell swoop.
Just an FYI. Not sure if the same is true with the Sketchers but my sister-in-law had the Reeboks similar to these and she now has to have foot surgery! Apparently this is a big problem for a lot of people who wear shoes like these. You may want to check into it a little before getting a lot of use out of them and then needing surgery!
Really? Cool! That would be awesome! I imagine I'd get out of running errands and cooking and cleaning for a while.
You got demoted to dork because of the shoes?
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The dad of 6 kids lives in the southeastern part of the USA. You are thinking of moving to North Carolina? Coincidence? Maybe?!?!
Actually, where I'm considering moving is about 4 hours farther away. Not that I've looked into it or anything.
ok Dawn I already commented but then I went over to Spuds blog and do you know that that man loves to go camping and anything outdoorsy?!?
Yeah well, no one's perfect.
Oh no, no, no, you're not going to hide the GINORMOUS piece of information about your having dinner with Spuds in a blog post about past mistakes. Oh no. Details! We need details! When? Where?
For some of us, this is like a daily soap opera. We must keep up with the latest in Dawn's world! And if you are a part of it, well congrats but we must get to know you too.
Sigh. Okay, I guess I can't avoid this or I'll have an uprising on my blog. Spuds and I have been talking daily for a month or so. Here are a dozen things I know...
1. He's not the person you see in a lot of his blog posts.
2. He loves being a dad. I mean, he really loves it! When his kids are gone (like they were for the past couple weeks), he feels like part of him is missing. I can relate. When they got home last night, he didn't even have to tell me. I could hear the happiness. He was once again complete.
3. He's seen more than most of us ever will. He's been shot, stabbed, and blown up. More than once. But the scars you don't see are the worst and although it's nice talking to someone who has the same scars you do, it's sad at the same time.
4. He swears too much.
5. He does crazy things like make homemade donuts for his kids when there are perfectly good donut stores around.
6. He's read the Bible. The whole Bible. Multiple times. But unlike most of us, he doesn't just go with the flow and do what everyone else does and believe what everyone else does just because that's what he's been told to do. He searches for answers. And to those of you who find it necessary to email him about his heathenness, I just have to laugh. You have no clue. And the fact that you judge without knowing anything makes you the heathens in my book.
7. He has an amazing group of close friends who love and respect him, chah!
8. He's got a chest circumference that's bigger than mine. Not sure about the butt.
9. He has motorcycles! And a whole zoo worth of animals that this city girl can't fathom.
10. He has a whole triage thing with his kids. Imaginary owies or small scratches only get wet toilet paper and not bandaids. I know! Maybe I should send them some bandaids.
11. He's not entirely uncute. ;)
12. And finally, we may, possibly, be meeting in person soon...