I've never really liked the game of tag. I try to ignore it when someone "tags" me for a meme, whatever that is. (Although I admit that someone tagged me the other day and I meant to do her meme thingy, but I totally forgot who tagged me and where her blog was.) However, my friend Michelle just had to go and tag me and well, she's my friend and so I have to do this. You know, because she guilted me into it. Thanks Michelle. :P
Five random things about me:
1. I used to judge parents when I'd see them feeding their little kids fast food. I used to give dirty looks to parents whose child was having a meltdown in the middle of a store. I used to think, "MY kids will never do that", when I heard stories of kids getting into something, talking back to their parents, or saying something loud and embarrassing in the middle of a restaurant. I used to judge parents whose children weren't potty trained by the time they were two.
Then I had children. I learned the fastest way to have your children misbehave, get into mischief, say something embarrassing, or have a fit in public was to judge someone else. I'm pretty good at not doing that anymore. Besides, it's not my responsibility or privilege to judge anyone. Only one person can do that.
2. I had purple hair and wore 4 inch long alligator earrings in high school.
3. I stink at sports. Pretty much all sports. I'm especially bad at volleyball. If the ball comes my way, I scream and run in the other direction.
4. I used to donate platelets almost every month until, when I was pregnant with my sixth, I developed a blood clot and found out that I have a clotting disorder. I had to give myself shots of blood thinners in the abdomen twice a day throughout my entire pregnancy. I can't donate blood anymore because, according to LifeSource, it could be dangerous for me.
5. I've worked at more than 30 restaurants. I'd have to kill a small forest to print out my resume.
Five places I want to see or want to see again:
1. I'd love to take my kids to Disney World.
2. I'd love to see pretty much every country in Europe.
3. I'd love to see heaven, but not quite yet.
4. I'd love to be able to take another cruise to the Bahamas with my girlfriends.
5. I'd love to visit my bed tonight for more than 4 hours.
Tomorrow it's supposed to be 25 below with the wind chill. It's definitely time for a vacation to someplace warm.
Check out Mamaslike and my FAQs.
Edited to add - I guess I forgot to tag 5 other people. Ugh. Tell you what - anyone who would like to participate, knock yourself out! Anyone who doesn't want to do it, don't.