Yes, yes, my blog design is new. Mia, over at The Blog Cafe came up with this awesome design for me! The picture of the old lady (that's me!) in the shoe was done by Rick at Organized Doodles. Pretty cool, huh? For those of you who felt the need to write and let me know that you don't like my new layout. Ummm, how to put this nicely....I didn't actually ask for a vote on the new design. I like it. If you have a different design in mind, start your own blog and knock yourself out! :)
I'm all for learning. I learn something every day. Today I learned that if you're inside a refrigerator and the door latches shut, you can actually open it from the inside which is a handy little feature.
I also learned that men are big babies when it comes to being sick. (I actually learned this one a long time ago, but it was reinforced tonight.)
I learned that despite how often you pull the refrigerator out from the wall and vacuum behind it, it's never quite enough.
I learned that six year olds don't always have the best sense of time. My first grader told me today, "It looks like your computer hasn't been dusted in like thirty years!" Ummm thanks, hon. (By the way, I dusted it six days ago.)
My friend, Denise sent me this questionnaire because she's just "fun" that way. Thanks, Dee! Anyway, I figured I'd post it here so you can all learn something too.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Tony Orlando's sidekick?
2. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
3. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I could only dream of being friends with me!
4. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
5. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes, in a jar in my bathroom
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Only if someone was threatening to vomit on me if I didn't.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Hmmmm, Quaker 100% natural granola. I think. It's either that or Waffle Crisp!
8. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I don't own tie shoes, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't untie them if I did.
9. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Well, my biceps could put Arnold Schwarzenegger's to shame since I carry kids around all day, but the rest of me is um, decidedly not strong.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
11. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Hmmmm, that's a tough one. Their eyes. Unless there's something very obviously freaky about them, like black teeth or a tattoo on their nose or pink hair....
12. RED OR PINK?
The red ones taste like cherry and the pink ones like strawberry
13. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I miss my brain.
14. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Oh yes please! I don't get nearly enough mail these days!
15. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
jeans and no shoes
16. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE ?
dinner - pork roast, corn, and some sort of squishy potato glop.
17. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
football game in the other room, my son sneezing repeatedly, and a Seinfeld rerun.
18. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I think I'd be a little too concerned about the fact that I'd turned into a crayon to care about the color!
19. FAVORITE SMELLS?
19 favorite smells?
New baby smell
Fresh bread baking
A new book
20. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My agent (it still cracks me up to say that)
21. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I did until she sent me this
22. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Does Iron Chef count?
23. HAIR COLOR?
I refuse to tell you my real color. It's brown now.
24. EYE COLOR?
25. FAVORITE FOOD?
That's a tough one - cookies, pizza, big fat salads, pasta, chicken, donuts, Italian, Mexican, seafood, well except fish - Ew.
26. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Give me a happy ending every time.
We'll kiss and make up,
That's a very peaceful sign.
Give me a happy ending every time.
Don't be unhappy, everything will work out fine.
27. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Harry Potter something or other
28. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
29. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Well, I think it's fall although it feels like summer
30. HUGS OR KISSES?
Kisses - they're chocolate.
31. FAVORITE DESSERT?
see # 10
32. WHAT BOOK( s) ARE YOU READING NOW?
I just read the ABC Book, The Foot Book, Ten Apples up on Top, and There's a Wocket in my Pocket.
33. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I'm embarrassed to admit there are Pokemon on it. I think I need a new one with a lovely beach scene.
34. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Everybody Loves Raymond rerun
35. FAVORITE SOUND?
Water. Unless I have to pee, that is. Or my kids laughing. Or fires crackling. Or coffee brewing. Pretty much anything besides screaming and fighting.
36. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Both are really bad when they go through your washing machine
37. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
38. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can say all the states in alphabetical order. I don't think that's a talent so much as a stupid human trick though.