Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Monkey Trouble

I took Spaz and Baby to the ENT today. Spaz was wearing his t-shirt that reads, "Hello, my name is Trouble". A lady looked at his shirt and asked him, "What's your name? Is it really trouble?"
Spaz nodded affirmative. Then he changed his mind and told her, "No, it's not Trouble. It's Monkey Trouble."
That's my boy.
Anyway, his airway is blocked by his tonsils and adenoids and he'll need surgery to remove them so he can breath and sleep better. This marks the eighth surgery that my kids have had. :(
I had to get up at 6:45 this morning and if you know me at all, you know that I don't do mornings. In fact, I called my friend, Sue, on the way to the doctor's office so we could chat and catch up. When she saw my number on her caller ID, she thought I'd been in an accident or something because she knows I don't speak before 9:00 am.
So, I'm about to pass out from sheer exhaustion. Now I know why the rest of the world goes to bed before 2:00 am. This is the end of my post for today. If I took the time to write anymore, I'd probably fall asleep on my keybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

5 comments:

Leann I Am said...

I don't really do early mornings either! The days are long enough as it is!

Anonymous said...

omg.. my mom doesnt do mornings. during school our usuall conversatin goes like this
me: hi mom.
mom: GO AWAY

much fun..

Unknown said...

Yeah , my mom usually doesn't do mornings. it's usually , "Good morning mom how are you?" She usually just mombles ,and all I hear is "Coffee" Which is my signal to run to the coffee machine put in whatever powder looks appealing , put it in , and CRANK UP THE JAVA BABY!!! On those days when I'm up b4 her , it's my signal to make it so she'll get out of bed! ROFL , the sad thing is , I'm home schooled!!!! But , by 13 , I caught on how to work the system , so I think I'll live :P

Anonymous said...

Monkey Trouble!! That is great!! My husband and I don't have any kids yet, not for lack of trying, we would love to have 5 or 6 just hasn't happened for us. So we both still work evening shifts and stay up still 2 or 3 a.m. I could sleep all day if not for work! Your stories are great I had to call my mom and tell her to check it out. By the way Notme lived at my house when I was growing up too.. guess he moved on or many siblings of his own ^_^

Keep writing, and we'll keep reading!
Nancy from Louisiana

Anonymous said...

I have that shirt for my kid too. (He's 2.) And then people say "Your name is Trouble?" and he looks so confused and replies, "No, my name is Alex!"

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative